monitor squeals

edited March 2007 in Hardware
i have a gateway moniter that works beautifully just squeels a high pitched noise once in a while and its verry verrry irritating

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    That is the sound of impending doom with any electronic device. A high pitched whine means a capacitor is going to blow soon.

Get your monitor serviced.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    How loud is the noise?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    How loud is the noise?
    He can't hear you. The capacitor went boom, and his ears are damaged.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    It could be non-serious: Capacitor whine.
    It could be serious: Flyback transformer.

Loudness will determine which.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    It could also depend on the OPers age. Many young people can 'hear' the harmless variations in an electromagnetic field. Annoying, but nothing really wrong with the monitor.
  • edited March 2007
    thank you all for your replys.. well its not loud i dont think my mother can hear it ..just very irritation i was wondering if it could be fixed somehow without spending money on it because its probally not worth fixing.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    If you can hear it and your mother can't, then it's surely just electromagnetic variance. It's not hurting anything, and cannot be fixed, especially since any technician you bring it to likely wont be able to tell that it's there.

You're 'ability' to hear it should start to fade sometime in your twenties :/