Whats happening with SM production?

Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
edited March 2007 in Folding@Home
Has anyone seen the top 20 production list? :confused:

Dunno if people are leaving to other teams or what but I think our overall production is quite poor. :(

It seems for each 1+ a team member get, 50 others go to -1. :mad:

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Well I lost a farm, which can't help - it was over 20 computers. :-/ We always seem to fluctuate like this - never really climbing but never really shrinking either...
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Our production correlates with the general mix of work units being distributed lately from the Stanford servers, which are not very lucrative. I have not looked, but I bet you'll see a similar graph with most of the other teams.
  • Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
    edited March 2007
    I am mostly talking as the whole team production, not somebody specific. I find it hard to believe 20 or 40 people are doing most of all the work out of a 1.5k individuals this team has. No wonder we have so many teams threating ours! :(
    edited March 2007
    Go here, then look under the column "Points 24hr Avg," and you will understand that 1,500 members means all persons who have ever participated with the team, not how many are active.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    My numbers have been great the last few months, but I am taking it in the shorts now. My daughter is on spring break and her core duo isn't folding. I am out of town and one or two of my boxes have gone down.
    I promise to get right back on track.

But yes, as a team we have trouble showing positive growth.
    We want to encourage and gain more members, but we don't want to be so forceful that people fell that to participate on S-M they have to fold. Even though I would like to shame them into feeling that way.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I have had massive issues with my farms with them being up and down... they are back online now, but is 30 CPU's reporting as 15.... trying to resolve the issue...:(
  • edited March 2007
    I will be above 4000 ppd in about a week, if I can complete my latest upgrade as expected. I found some more junk hardware to mod and tune :bigggrin:
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I re-imaged an entire lab (30 machines) and haven't put FAH back on them yet....
    edited March 2007
    30 CPU's reporting as 15
    My first inclination is that you have dual core CPUs, each core's client perhaps with the same machine number in the config file?
    edited March 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Go here, then look under the column "Points 24hr Avg," and you will understand that 1,500 members means all persons who have ever participated with the team, not how many are active.

Of course I know that, but considering the active members, and within those, the ones that actually are moving the daily production, are very very few. Thats my point. :)
    edited March 2007
    Some of us are just more fortunate to have multiple computers Folding. The onesies and twosies do make a big difference.
  • edited March 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Some of us are just more fortunate to have multiple computers Folding. The onesies and twosies do make a big difference.

I agree. To be exact, the team members below the top 20 producers make ~35% of the total production. Without that, Team SM will be 30th instead of 20th in the daily points rank. I just remembered this quote: only the last drop overflows.
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited March 2007
    The less people that fold the faster i climb in ranks. :D

I tried recruiting a swedish forum but so far no one's listened. My mother is thinking of updating her comp and if so i'll fold on it. Her current p2 could hardly run em3, let alone a fah core. :rolleyes2
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited March 2007
    Just noticed that some mod edited profs comment, yet the guy he commented certainly wan't very nice either. Look at the bottom of this page. http://forum.folding-community.org/ftopic18476-0-asc-15.html
    edited March 2007
    weird!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    That forum needs better mods.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2007
    Gargoyle wrote:
    That forum needs better mods.
    I couldn't agree more.

Normally, if I blew my stack like that I would go back and apologize after I calmed down, but every dealing I have had with that bunch over there has resulted in an unfounded accusation being made toward either myself or our team.

They can stuff it. :mad:

(Note to the casual reader of this post: My complaint is with the leadership - I use the term loosely - of a private forum, not with Stanford or the FAH project. I wouldn't have been involved with the project as long as I have if I felt that they condoned such behavior.)
    edited March 2007
    7im is also a member of this forum. Just PM him and ask him what happened about your post.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2007
    I already know what happened to it. ;D
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2007
    profdlp wrote:
    I already know what happened to it. ;D

Same as mine. Gone to post heaven.:rolleyes:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    dragonV8 wrote:
    Same as mine. Gone to post heaven.:rolleyes:
    It's in a better place, now :D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Drama.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2007
    Rather than start a new thread....

Farm down due to power outage over the weekend. Back up running now, except the SMP's (linux). I'll have to sort them when i get back from the mine tomorrow lunch time.
    edited March 2007
    SMP core for Windows on dual core/dual CPU computers could go a LONG WAY for Team 93 points production!