Check Your Stats For March 14th

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited March 2007 in Folding@Home
If anyone had lower than expected point production for March 14th, especially if you had a negative point total for the day, please post here and describe what you found. If your FAH username is different than your forum name, let us know that, too. :)

Comments

• KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited March 2007
    For people like me - yea I admit it - Where does one find this info please? :)
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Kentigern wrote:
    For people like me - yea I admit it - Where does one find this info please? :)

I like this place for stats best.
    edited March 2007
    Mine all seem to be positive, graphs showing upward trends :)

Oops! Nearly forgot - Thanks csimon for the info :)
    edited March 2007
    Kentigern wrote:
    Mine all seem to be positive, graphs showing upward trends :)

Oops! Nearly forgot - Thanks csimon for the info :)

No problem ...it's an awesome stats page!

My points seemed to flatline on that day but nothing looks suspicious to me.

Somone on the team apparantly took a hit. Any way to find out whom?
    edited March 2007
    Looks like it could be someone called hbi1000 - last page right at the bottom,
    usually it's Leonardo_Test_2 at the bottom :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2007
    You nailed it, Kentigern. :respect:

Looks like he would pretty much account for all the lost points that day. :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=22833&stc=1&d=1174100788
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Now the question is why the major adjustment?
    edited March 2007
    :wave: Hi Prof,

Check out this link http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=93&username=hbi1000

It looks like he/she has lost all their points/wu's, even though it shows processors working and wu's recently turned in. Also his/her name is entered twice.

I do know that he/she made the 100k plaque on or about Valentine's Day this year, previous milestones were 75k October (24th 'ish) 2006 - 50k July (14th 'ish) 2006 - 25k August (4th 'ish) 2005

Someone, has certainly made a faux pas with our stats :(
    edited March 2007
    I've PM'd him to see if he can think of anything. I'm also going to try and see if the people at Stanford can shed any light on the subject.

I don't recall ever seeing anything like this before. We did have a day where most of us saw a big increase in points after Stanford discovered a glitch on one of their stats servers. To have one guy on the team suddenly disappear from view (sort of) all of a sudden is quite odd... :confused:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2007
    Stanford has taken away points before. Only 1 (huge) circumstance that I can recall though.
    edited March 2007
    mmonnin wrote:
    Stanford has taken away points before. Only 1 (huge) circumstance that I can recall though.

Could you provide any details? :)
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited March 2007
    Last one I remember was the Yulianova trojan which was a Pr0n download from some torrent sites, which lost team eggroll one members points though no blame was attached to the team itself.
    edited March 2007
    Some guy installed it at work on a bunch of machines I believe without full concent of the user knowing it basically. I think he made it into a 1 click batch program and it somehow left his hands and got spread farther than the actual machines he installed it on. People complained, got traced back to him, Stanford scratched hundreds of thousands of points.
    edited March 2007
    mmonnin wrote:
    Some guy installed it at work on a bunch of machines I believe without full concent of the user knowing it basically. I think he made it into a 1 click batch program and it somehow left his hands and got spread farther than the actual machines he installed it on. People complained, got traced back to him, Stanford scratched hundreds of thousands of points.
    I remember that ...doesn't seem so long ago but it's been at least 2 years or more. Wasn't it incorporated into the google bar at one time ...or something like that? If I remember that one correctly it defaulted to someone getting points and there was hoorah about that too. Don't know what became of it though.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    csimon wrote:
    I remember that ...doesn't seem so long ago but it's been at least 2 years or more. Wasn't it incorporated into the google bar at one time ...or something like that? If I remember that one correctly it defaulted to someone getting points and there was hoorah about that too. Don't know what became of it though.
    I think it was attached to Adobe Acrobat reader installer...
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2007
    Wasn't he a French guy, if i remember correctly.
    edited March 2007
    csimon wrote:

Google made it an option to install it in their toolbar and they all went under their own google team. Not the same thing.
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited March 2007
    Nothing weird here, if you don't count the stats hitting 0 points during most days. Wish i had more than 1 cpu. :(