1 Terabyte Drives?

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited March 2007 in Hardware
Anyone have any info on these? ...release dates, price, links, articles, ...

I'm having a hard time finding useful information, and I've just gobbled up another 300GB last weekend! :tongue::eek:

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    It's made by hitachi. That's all I know.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited March 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    It's made by hitachi. That's all I know.

All I know is that Hitachi is coming out with one, and Seagate is coming out with one sometime maybe this quarter or this half of the year, maybe.

And I prefer Seagate.

And Maxtor I don't like as much, and also doesn't even have a 750.

And WD doesn't have 750s either.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    If you've got to have it right away, WD, I believe makes an external two-drive kit composed of two 500GB drives. The reviews I've seen on it rate it highly.

My HD preferences are in order: Seagate, Hitachi, WD, and Samsung,. I've had too many failures with Maxtor. I've also had problems with Seagates (IDE) working in an older external enclosure, but they've been excellent in internal configurations.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I wouldn't trust Hitachi. They bought IBM's HDD division.

Remember the Deathstars?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Yes, I remember the Deathstars. It was a problem with the platter coating that IBM was using. Hitachi revamped the drives - they are now as quiet and fast as the original IBM Deskstars but are dependable and reliable. Thrax, I've been using the Hitachi Deskstars now for a couple years. They are great drives. I much prefer them over WD.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited March 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    I wouldn't trust Hitachi. They bought IBM's HDD division.

Remember the Deathstars?

Well fortunately I missed that era, I beleive I entered ma innard geec just a wii bit after word, and now I have a massed a collection of about 2 dozen drives, of which only 2 are retired permanitely due to size and noise. This collection includes WD, Maxtor, and Seagate only, of which I don't need a battle on which is best, if one so begins. All of these were bargains with the exception of my first at $1/gb. It sure is hard to turn down retail boxes of 200gb drives for $19.99! My drives are between 1 and 8 years old and none have messed up on me, with the exception of a 250gb Maxtor that is currently running which seems to lock up opening certain folders, or atleast takes a darn long time to access them. This one is probably going shortly.

The terabyte I was referring to is for one individual drive. I've got space and spending constraints ya know! :) Only 5 3.5" spots for drives after the floppy, a reduction of what I had before my case downsize/prettyize. :(