Folding #'s T2600

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited March 2007 in Folding@Home
I just want to make sure I understand this correctly... EM III says my C2D is folding at 861.168 PPW and at 123.024 PPD per core. Is something not right? Should these cores be pushing out more points per day?

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I'm assuming this is with the SMP client? Since it runs four folding cores, and I'm assuming that's what it's tracking, that's 4x123 = 492 ppd. That's not so far off for me to think something is wrong, although it's a little lower than I expected. Is your laptop getting warm and starting to thermal throttle?

Have you tried using FahMon instead? It doesn't do that per-core nonsense.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Sledge, what work unit is your data from? What are you using to monitor production?
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    4 cores? I wish :) this is a Core 2 Duo T2600 which has only 2 cores not running SMP as SMP fails left and right on the system. I am also using both FahMon and EM III "not at the same time".

The Fan is usually on witht he CPU running 100% It is completing frames in a timely manner I just don't knwo why it is not pushing more points out :)
    edited March 2007
    When I said 4 cores, I meant that the SMP client runs four instances of the folding core.

I don't know why it'd not pushing out more points, but honestly that's about the same as my Opteron pushed out with two instances of the regular single-core client, and you're doing it with 300 less MHz. Personally, I'd be satisfied with around 1700 PPW from one computer :)
    edited March 2007
    Here is the log of my machines, the PPD seem very low compared to that of others. The last system on the chart is a Dual Xeon 3.6GHz tower with HT running... I am wondering if a SMP client would be okay for these HT cores?
    edited March 2007
    I thought you were inquiring about SMP. The 3039 WU is ordinary Gromacs, not SMP.
    edited March 2007
    Well I am asking... should I put SMP Clients on the Xeon 3.4GHz w/ HT machines?
    edited March 2007
    I'd give it a shot. I don't think there's anything else you could do besides that to increase points. Unless the -advmethods flag still makes a difference for Intel clients. Not sure if that still gets different units or not.
    edited March 2007
    Agree - might as well try it. You are not wasting a WU if it won't complete within the deadline, as this is a beta program.