911 Locked Out

BlueDragonBlueDragon Longwood, FL USA New
edited April 2007 in Hardware
My windows system files have become currupt and i lost the install CD a long time ago is there any hope of a fix?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• BlueDragonBlueDragon Longwood, FL USA New
    edited March 2007
    this is what me and the online tech for hp said

"Seaton U: click no
    Seaton U: try to log in to windows
    Seaton U: If you are able to get to windows , restart in normal mode
    Maria Begona: nope as soon as i click on the admin account it gives me the same pop up and ther are no other accounts listed
    Seaton U: Now restart the pc and as you get the pop up to activate , click it to activate
    Seaton U: Please let me know if you are done
    Maria Begona: no hold on restarting now
    Seaton U: Okay
    Maria Begona: no now it pops up saying Windows is already activated. click ok to exit.
    Seaton U: Okay now try to log in windows
    Seaton U: Let me know if done
    Maria Begona: no now it pops up and says Windows Product Activation it reads "this copy of widows must be activated with Microsoft before you can log on. do you want to activate now?"
    Maria Begona: click yes or no?
    Seaton U: Yes
    Seaton U: Click yes
    Seaton U: Let me know what happens
    Maria Begona: no the same thing happend as before
    Seaton U: Okay now is it giving any option for logging to windows ?
    Maria Begona: no real ones it shows the admin account but as soon as i click on it it give me that pop
    Maria Begona: unless yyou talking about logging into the recovery console in which case i dont know i have not tried
    Seaton U: Okay i think the windows files are corrupted now you can run recovery , that is non destructive recovery where your operating system will be installed
    Maria Begona: so how do i fix this problem?
    Seaton U: Before running recovery , if you have any data or any files you can copy them to other pc
    Seaton U: As you power on press f10 to run recovery
    Seaton U: By default the pc will run non-destructive recovery
    Maria Begona: b4 running recovery? such as what the laptop is a dell
    Seaton U: You cannot connect a desktop hard disk to laptop harddisk, Yes before recovery you should take back up
    Maria Begona: how to a make a back up if i can not connect the two and i can not log on to the desk top
    Maria Begona: * how do i make....
    Seaton U: What you can do is you can connect the hard disk to a desktop pc with windows xp , so that you can copy the content file from this hard disk to other disk
    Seaton U: Do you have any data under mydoucments folder in your pc ?
    Maria Begona: hold on a sec let me ask my roommate what he is running in the office upstairs. and no i dont think so
    Seaton U: IF you don't have any data in mydoucuments folder , and nothing saved on desktop , then directly you can run recovery by pressing f10 as you power on the pc
    Maria Begona: i have nothing saved to them that i really need
    Maria Begona: do i restart bfore pushing f10?
    Seaton U: Yes as you power onthe pc press f10 to start recovery
    Maria Begona: it wont let me however it says fortrouble shooting and advanced startup options for windows push f8
    Seaton U: No again try to restart and again press f10 repeatedly to get recovery screen ,
    Maria Begona: no all it is letting me chose from xp home or the recovery console
    Maria Begona: or F8
    Seaton U: Okay i think that you have installed a retail version or trial version of xp in your pc that is why you are not able to get recovery , now only one option you have is purchase a recovery cd and install it to your pc to get it to factory defaults.
    Maria Begona: why do i have to purchase anything
    Seaton U: The reason is that the recovery partition has been deleted from your pc , which actually has recovery information , no we cannot bring your pc to factory defaults as recovery information is deleted
    Maria Begona: what is the recovery console for then i see it listed under xp home
    Seaton U: The recovery console is an option for getting dos mode by which we can repair system files ,
    Maria Begona: can i fix my pc by going into it?
    Seaton U: No you will not be as in your pc system files also called as booting files are okay .The windows copy you are using that itself is corrupted , which cannot be restored by this option.For that reason i suggested you to go for a recovery cd kit which you can retain in future , if by somereason your pc crashes
    Maria Begona: thank you for your time
    Seaton U: You are most welcome .Have a Great evening !
    Seaton U: A copy of your chat session will be e-mailed to you shortly. You may also receive an e-mail survey regarding your chat support experience. We would appreciate your feedback.
    HP Total Care is a J.D. Power and Associates Certified Technology Service and Support Center, recognized for consistently providing “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience”. For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our Web site at:
    http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare"
  • BlueDragonBlueDragon Longwood, FL USA New
    edited March 2007
    the tech is Seaton U I was Maria Begona
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2007
    Can you borrow a Windows CD with the same version (Pro or Home, etc) that you have on the computer?

Do you have your CD Key?
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    No cd is lost (during the move I think)
    I just overnight him a window xp home cd, He'll have to call me for the key.
    It's the windows that my pc came with and I'm not using cause I'm using pro.
    So it should all work, He'll still need to get his drivers.
    I'll update you if he can't.
    edited March 2007
    Dad to the rescue! :D

Let us know how it goes. :cheers:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Hey DogDragon, you better whip those young dragon cubs into shape now! They've got to learn to belch flames at their enemies by themselves!
    edited March 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    They've got to learn to belch flames at their enemies by themselves!
    Yeah, but they have a habit of burning their tails when I leave them do
    it by them self :D
    So I keep an eye on them :)
    edited April 2007
    Well since BlueDragon didn't come in here to inform you all I will :)
    I just found out it's up and alive :woowoo:
    But in his defense he's working and dealing with school :)
    So this is just letting you know
    edited April 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Hey DogDragon, you better whip those young dragon cubs into shape now! They've got to learn to belch flames at their enemies by themselves!

Leo I tried but they keep burning their tail lol
    edited April 2007
    The ol' man always comes through. :thumbsup: