Non-responsive expansion bay USB ports

edited April 2007 in Hardware
ok, kudos to anyone that can get them working again...

i have an HP xb2000 Notebook Expansion Base for my Pavilion dv5020us Notebook running Win XP SP2...
i was using them both together, no problems... i took the notebook out to use in another room for a while... when i came back later and plugged it back in the usb ports were suddenly unresponsive... the power is still going through fine and the speakers on the Base are working as well...
If you need any more info, just ask....

thanks to whoever helps me!
--Loki--

Edit: Mod, please move this to appropriate forum... thanks

Comments

• edited April 2007
    any ideas, that might provide even the slightest clue as to what is going on, would be much appreciated
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    the slightest clue
    When you wrote that the USB ports are now not working, did you mean the ports on the laptop or on the docking base?
  • edited April 2007
    the ports on the docking base aren't working... the ports on the laptop itself still work fine
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    What physical power and signal interface is there between the laptop and the docking station. (sorry, but it's been years since I've used a docking station) Last time I used one, USB ports on laptops were all but unheard of!
  • edited April 2007
    let's see... we have power from normal laptop power supply... from wall, through base, into laptop... powering both... and there's a specific plug for the expansion base to hook into my laptop...

i know im probably not being real technical right now but im kind of burnt out
  • edited April 2007
    bump :D
  • edited April 2007
    bump :(
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    What kind of data connection runs from the base to the Lappy? Is that USB too?
  • edited April 2007
    it's an expansion port, specific to hp laptops (i believe, maybe not specific)
    but it's not usb
  • edited April 2007
    *bump*
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    I think it's pretty clear that the USB ports on the docking station are bad.