URGENT! Error loading operating system! HELP! PLEASE!

edited April 2007 in Hardware
Ok so recently my uncle was over, and well he's one of those..."people"
Well anyways...

Apparently some type of virus completely screwed my laptop over. Its a Dell Inspiron 8100 running windows XP. Well everytime I boot it it goes through the whole press F2 to enter setup thing then it goes to "Error loading operating system_"

I have no idea what to do. The CD's I have are:

1.) Re-installation CD. Microsoft Windows XP home edition (Wont work on boot)
2.) Drivers utilities and applications (for reinstalling Dell inspiron 8100 system software) But this CD does nothing.

I created a floppy boot disk, I got it to boot a network drive, as a d:\ but then I am EXTREMELY unfamiliar with MS-DOS. I tried "Format c:" but it only cam out with "C: does not support format, action terminated" or w.e

PLEASE help me. As I need this for school! Ive been working on this stupid thing for quite a while now. Cant afford to buy a new one or send it in for repairs. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Jeremy, I feel for you. I guess password protected accounts are do for future relative visits.

This looks to be pretty bad, we'll get you help. Frankly, I don't know whether to start with Windows re-installation or malware cleaning. Is there valuable data on the subject computer?