Heat issues

edited April 2007 in Hardware
I have problems with overheating since a bought my computer, but I finally decided to do somthing about it. I have an Athlon 64 3200+ (zalman 7000A cooler) on a Epox KDA3+ motherboard, VGA is Radeon 9800pro(always HOT), 2 HDs - Raptor 74 and Seagate Barracuda 320gb. The problem is, that my cpu temp is in idle 43,44C, and ifI play any games it goes even to 60.Also my HDs are always over 40C. Are these temperatures to high? What should I do about it? (Some people told me that Epox motherboards doesn't give you true temp results,I don't know if this is true) Any advice is very welcome. Thanks

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2007
    What case do you have and how many fans in what orientation?
  • edited April 2007
    case is Logic Master III,i doubt anyone heard of it, it was cheap(big mistake, i know), i have 2 fans on the rear, but my case is always open cause if i close it then it gets really hot.is it true that epox motherboards don't show exact temp reading?
  • edited April 2007
    and i forgot to say this: i know my temps are not a complete disaster (at least i think), but i would like to cool it down not just because of the hardware but because i'd like to learn something new, so any help,advice will be appreciated.thanks
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    Can you find a link to a picture of your case, to include internal views? That would really help.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2007
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited April 2007
    1 front fan blowing in
    1 side fan (cut a hole) blowing in
    PSU and fan (or two) blowing out the back

Make sure that there is nothing behind the case blocking the exhaust.

You are going to have to use fans that move 60-70 CFM each.
    What fan is on your Zalman?
  • edited April 2007
    to mmonnin: that's it. if you want i can post my case and hardware pictures so that you can see how things are put.
    to edcentric: i can't put a fan on the front and also on the side because i keep my case open all the time. i already have two fans on the back. i am more interrested in how to cool down my cpu and hard disks. i don't think i can put any cooler on my graphic card because it's to close to zalman. i'm not sure what vent i have on zalman,can i read this on the ventilator?