E6600 3.2GHz voltages

sociable-nomadsociable-nomad New Zealand - The land of the long white cloud
edited May 2007 in Hardware
Hi all, so Ive got my system up and running and stable, I just wanted to know what voltages others are running @ 3.2GHz as Ive had to bump mine up and I dont wanna fry the lil puppy...

Cheerz - SN -

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    No higher than 1.5v or 60C.

I use 1.215v.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2007
    Wow really? Stock is 1.3.

So far mine is at 2.925GHz with everything else stock including stock cooler until my 120 eXtreme comes in.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    The chip does 3GHz at 1.1v. It's amazing. :)
    edited May 2007
    Very amazing. What stepping do you guys have by chance.
  • sociable-nomadsociable-nomad New Zealand - The land of the long white cloud
    edited May 2007
    I have mine running @ 1.36 @ the mo, i pushed it up as I keep gettin windows error messages and it seemed to stop them...

- SN -
    edited May 2007
    I have mine running @ 1.36 @ the mo, i pushed it up as I keep gettin windows error messages and it seemed to stop them...

- SN -

Thats perfectly fine.
    edited May 2007
    ok, I retract my comment Re: perfect stability. The sysetm keeps freezing while playing some games (games that shouldnt make a system like mine freeze) anyone have any ideas?

I have the cpu @ 3.2 GHZ (on 1.35 volts now) and the memory sitting @ a 1200 FSB with 2.3V (Corsair XMS2 'Dominator' 1066 RAM)

Thanks for any insight

- SN -
    edited May 2007
    Is it orthos stable?
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited May 2007
    Even if it's Orthos stable, it might not be FAH stable.
    Not saying to not run Orthos, I guess I'm just saying, after running Orthos, if the system appears stable, run FAH with -advmethods set for a few days and see how that goes. If all is fine, then I'd say the system is pretty stable.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    The sysetm keeps freezing while playing some games (games that shouldnt make a system like mine freeze) anyone have any ideas?
    Video card overheating is very likely.

But now we are on a different topic. Suggest you open a new thread, as I don't think your video freeze problem is related to the CPU core voltage.
    edited May 2007
    a2jfreak wrote:
    Even if it's Orthos stable, it might not be FAH stable.
    Not saying to not run Orthos, I guess I'm just saying, after running Orthos, if the system appears stable, run FAH with -advmethods set for a few days and see how that goes. If all is fine, then I'd say the system is pretty stable.

Orthos is more of a turture test than any game.
    edited May 2007
    Video Card shouldnt be overheating, its an MSI 8800GTX running @ stock speeds...
    edited May 2007
    It could if the case cannot remove all the warm air.
    edited May 2007
    could be but I doubt it, the case is a sunbeamtech UV Reactive Perspex jobbie, has an intake at the front, two on the side (one above and one below the Vid Card which is mounted upside down), then theres an exhaust fan drawing heated air away from the HSF exhaust, the PSU fan set to a 100% duty cycle) and a blow hole fan in the top to suck out the remenants...

in saying that I have thought about modding 3 of my spare drive bays to take a plate with a 120mm fan forcing air in and taking the side of the case to a perspex store to have an extra exhaust fan hole cut near the top...

Might get an el-cheapo thermometer and mount it in the case for a while just to be sure tho

EDIT:
    Actually after a little thought on the case dynamics, the Vid Card takes up SO much space it almost cuts the case in half there by limiting airflow within the rest of the case and the air under the card could be stagnating and heating therefore the card is recycling some of is heated exhaust (it vents both inside and outside the case). Theres some investigation to be done here...
    edited May 2007
    Best spot for a side fan is to be blowing directly over the video card and to have a cooling setup on the fan that takes the heat directly outside the case. A card that requires 2 slots.
    edited May 2007
    Ok, after reconfiguring and MUCH testing last night, I think Ive got it nailed down, I had the RAM running @ a fsb of 1200 @ 2.4V and the original software I was using to test stability with (CPU Stab Test) that advertised to also test ram (but looks like not enough.) I now have it running UBER stable (Orthos Stable) with the Ram set@ 1100 @ 2.35V.

Thanks all for your help - SN -