Running F@H on dual p3

edited May 2007 in Folding@Home
My secondary pc is a dual p3 1000mhz. How can i run two instances on that pc so i can take andvantage on both cpu. Also my primary pc is a core 2 duo so i want to do it also on that.

Edit: I used to fold for a diff team. Is there a way i can transfer my folding points to my current???

Comments

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    What operating systems are the machines using? Your points will continue to accrue under your user name (you won't lose points) but Stanford will note how many points you've folded for each team.

-drasnor :fold:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Drasnor is correct... You can run two instances of F@H. A PIII will take a while but every point brings us closer to cures. :thumbsup:
    profdlp wrote:
    Run two instances of the console from two separate folders on your hard drive. When you set up the second one make sure you go into the advanced options and set the second instance as Machine ID= 2.
  • Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
    edited May 2007
    Its better to install the SMP client on that c2d... will get you much more PPD than 2 clients.
    airoh69 wrote:
    Edit: I used to fold for a diff team. Is there a way i can transfer my folding points to my current???

No there isnt... we wish though.. :D
  • edited May 2007
    Its better to install the SMP client on that c2d... will get you much more PPD than 2 clients.

No there isnt... we wish though.. :D

Ahhh. there goes my 20000.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Its better to install the SMP client on that c2d
    Right, but for the dualie P3, use two F@H clients, one for each physical CPU.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2007
    airoh69 wrote:
    Ahhh. there goes my 20000.

Thats nothing with a C2D at like 1800 PPD. :D