PM problem?

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited May 2007 in Community
Just a heads up about a potential problem in the PM system:

I have documented two cases in which a PM to Brian (Primesuspect) was not delivered successfully. It stored the message in one table, but did not put it in his inbox or create a receipt (two other tables).

I can't reliably duplicate the problem, so I have no idea if it's something screwy with Brian's account or a possible flaw in MySQL overall. We took the forum down for 5 minutes tonight to run a repair. The missing PMs did not appear, but maybe it will prevent it from happening again. I have no idea.

For you, this basically just means "double check any messages you send" if you don't get a reply. Please let me know if you can report any more instances of this happening and don't mind me digging for the message it happened to.

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Perhaps everyone should send about 5 PMs to Brian to do a thorough test of the system.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Yes.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited May 2007
    Oh, ok... In case Ben didn't get my PM.. "Sure, give me a call anytime today."
    edited May 2007
    I just documented another case - this one from Kwitko to myself. No record in the database of it ever being sent. :-/
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    And here I thought you'd broken off our tawdry love affair, turns out it was just the forum.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    Arrr! I be pilferin' th' PMs and sinkin' 'em to th' bottom o' Davey Jone's locker.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    I just documented another case - this one from Kwitko to myself. No record in the database of it ever being sent. :-/

That glitch is such a good scapegoat.
    edited May 2007
    Kwitko wrote:
    That glitch is such a good scapegoat.
    I know :( I swear it's not, though... I've only seen it happen 3 times. Brian's opening a ticket on VB's support site tonight.