Reformated computer

halo2_godhalo2_god New York state
edited June 2007 in Hardware
OK, well i upgraded from XP too windows vista like 3 days ago. Then my daemon tools would not work so then i uninstalled it and did like every thing i could like delete folder and stuff it just would not work so then some kid said download this on daemon tools fourm and i descoverd that i could not do any thing at all do to a blue screen of death that would apear on install. So i changed my boot order so the cd rom would boot insted of the HD. Then i reinstalled my windows XP and then i set it up and every thing until i discoverd that my wifi button was unusable and that i could not turn the sound off. So then i redownloaded aim and installed and asked my friend that is extremly good with computer but he is away from computer right now. also i can do much because my HP laptop is extremly slow when ever i move the iexplore window or like change my back round it goes up to like 90% + also when ever i move a window its like slow and laggy i currently am running windows XP default setup only other program installed would be aim 6.1. Here is all information on computer

microsoft windows XP home edition version 2002 service pack 2
Computer: AMD athlon(tm) CP Processor 3000+
797 MHz, 512 MB of ram.

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2007
    All I got from that was gibberish.

Have you installed your drivers ?.
  • halo2_godhalo2_god New York state
    edited May 2007
    GrayFox wrote:
    All I got from that was gibberish.

Have you installed your drivers ?.

Um there built in...
    edited May 2007
    the lag is main isue would i have to install ram sticks?? like install the ram drives?
    edited May 2007
    Well also one other thing i changed the regular theme from blue to silver. also when i deleted the windows vista partion and reinstalled the XP um the touch pad on my laptop kept the touch click option like in sted oh click the mouse button i could just hit hit the touchpad twice in same spot then would click on what ever it was on top of. Also i didn't delete boath partions there was the was like two partions 1, 2 i only deleted 1 also one drive C: but i think some how some thing got really messed up or i just have to activate like the ram and other drivers or some thing like that but i have no idea how.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    One day, you will learn to communicate via text. And on that day, we will be here to help you.
    edited May 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    One day, you will learn to communicate via text. And on that day, we will be here to help you.

What is that supose to mean :(
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    It supose to mean u rite so we cn red ti!
    edited May 2007
    It means about 10 people looked at this thread (I'm talking with all of them), and none of them can figure out what you're going on about.

The best I can tell you is this: you're talking like you're in a chat room. That's fine when you're actually in a chat room and only need to write 5 words at a time. On a forum, you need to break up your posts with space between thoughts and methodically lay out what your problem is and what you've done to address it.

OK, well i upgraded from XP too windows vista like 3 days ago. Then my daemon tools would not work so then i uninstalled it and did like every thing i could like delete folder and stuff it just would not work so then some kid said download this on daemon tools fourm and i descoverd that i could not do any thing at all do to a blue screen of death that would apear on install.
    Translates to:
    I upgraded to Vista, but Daemon Tools has stopped working. I uninstalled it, deleted the files, reinstalled - still no go. Someone pwned me on some questionable forum and sent me a fake file that destroyed my system.
    And so on. I literally have to sit there and study your posts to make sense of them, as does everyone else. Once you can make posts that are legible (like most every other post on this site), we would be delighted to help you with any technical issues that are legal and ethical.
    edited May 2007
    I love how a lot of people are posting here but none can help me :( when i said every thing that is happening and thats allll the is happend but every one just seys like learn to i dont understand one word said.... That kinda makes me mad :( because well how don't you understand MY COMPUTER ISNT WORKING????? then i say its really laggy and i just downgraded from Vista. I dont mean to be an ass or any thing its just kinda anoying.. sorry if i afended any one and also i do understand that its kinda hard to understand what i'm saying in the very first post but you get the point..
    edited May 2007
    We can't help you because we can't understand you. "MY COMUTER ISNT WORKING" is meaningless unless we can get detailed info from you and work you through it. When it's a labor to read everything you write, no one is going to take the time to do that.
    edited May 2007
    OKKK i understand that i will post will my best grammer and spelling.

I recently upgraded from windows XP to the new Windows vista. It was working fine for 4 days. Then i relized a few programs were not compatible with the new windows vista. So i then went to the damen tools fourm and someone there told me to download 2 programs and install boath of them. Then i was required a computer reset it reset then i tried logging on and i got to the Blue screen of death!!! And i tried to boot in safe mode with CMD and networking. Once i tried networking i saw one program that was doing something with the drives and relized that was the problem but i only got 5 seconds on my computer (not enough time to stop it). So i decided the only way to fix it would be to delete vista off and reinstall XP then it started to install and every thing was fine with XP. Until i actualy got onto my account then i relized it was really laggy and that i could not disable sound or enable my wifi. Boath built into my laptop.
    edited May 2007
    "Daemon tools" its a program used to emulate dirves... sorry for rong spelling!
    edited May 2007
    Okay. Sounds like you've got nothing on your system that needs saving. How about doing a full drive reformat and then installing XP again over the nice clean drive?
    edited May 2007
    Should i just right click on the c: drive and click format? if so should i do quick format or the long one?
    edited May 2007
    Or do you mean deleteing partions again?
    edited May 2007
    You're gonna restart the computer and boot from the XP install CD. It'll come up and tell you that your harddrive has a single partition (most likely) with the OS installed on it. It'll ask you if you want to reformat. You'll tell it yes, and then do a full reformat, not the quick one. From there, it'll go on to install XP.

Follow the steps in this article:
    http://www.short-media.com/articles/build_pc_from_parts_software
    edited May 2007
    You're gonna restart the computer and boot from the XP install CD. It'll come up and tell you that your harddrive has a single partition (most likely) with the OS installed on it. It'll ask you if you want to reformat. You'll tell it yes, and then do a full reformat, not the quick one. From there, it'll go on to install XP.

Follow the steps in this article:
    http://www.short-media.com/articles/build_pc_from_parts_software

OK, i just finished and it's still all lagy. And every thing is still the same just the wallpapaer is default and theme is default. volume and wifi chip still not able to disable or enable them.
    edited May 2007
    Did you install your drivers? Your HP laptop should've come with a driver disk. You need your network, sound, chipset, and video drivers.
    edited May 2007
    Or, alternatively, if you can connect to the internet on that system, you might be able to get all that stuff by running Windows Update.
    edited May 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    Did you install your drivers? Your HP laptop should've come with a driver disk. You need your network, sound, chipset, and video drivers.

i have the disk right next to me the drivers alre like half way done i think.
    edited May 2007
    Or, alternatively, if you can connect to the internet on that system, you might be able to get all that stuff by running Windows Update.

OK, well umm i was directly connected when on the laptop and that is how i'm talking to you right now. But its really laggy. Well now the wifi chip and sound drivers are working. So i'm able to move farther away from my router now. Also the disk is still installing crap it's been going for like 15 mins now. Umm the only ptoblem i still have is the laggynes also norton installed:eek: i'm gonna uninstall it after all this lag is fixed but like i mean by lag is when ever i move something or scroll up and down it loads like only loads 2 inches at a time and you get these ripples going up and down the screen its kinda strange il take a video of it with my phone and upload with my other computer. Also when ever i move something not just that the CPU usage on that program sky rockets like to 90%
    edited May 2007
    Sounds like you need to install the graphics drivers to me. I'd try and update them.
    edited May 2007
    And how would i go about updating the graphics driver?
    edited May 2007
    Wait never mind i was messing around with some settings in the OS resalution and now it's all fixed thanks every one for your help at Short-media.com :)
    edited May 2007
    But i also have one other question i was gonna reinstall windows after i found compatibilitys with all my programs and i need a compatible daemon tool do you know were i could download one?
    edited May 2007
    Glad we could help you, but sorry, I don't know anything about daemon tools.
    edited May 2007
    OK, but thanks for all the help given and sorry if i was mean in any way or rude. Also i'm working on improving they way i frase things to make it eaier for the people at www.short-media.com.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2007
    If you want to 'frase' things better....try typing what you want to in Word first, edit it all so there are no more squigly lines...then put then in here. Word isnt God but it will help us some.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2007
    sorry if i was mean in any way or rude
    Don't worry about it. It was just quite difficult at first to understand the posts. Slowing down a little helped very much. Keep posting, and we'll keep doing our best to help.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    $69 + $39 per device driver, or $199, which ever is less.

Anyways, the device drivers that come with Vista are terrible. You're going to have to get complete specs of your PC's internal components for us, and we can track down drivers for you.