Half Life 2 DM

2»

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I actually own HL2...so it gets my vote...but if I "borrow" the others I dont give a rats arse what I play cause I'll be so drunk that no one will stop me and my iMAC!!!!!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I was planning to bring my Laptop. Would I be able to install steam on that computer, and download and play HLDM2 at the LAN, or would that violate my account agreements?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    The beautiful thing about steam is that the game ownership is tied to your account - not a machine. So you can definitely install HL2 on whatever computer you want, since you can only be logged into one machine at a time. Valve's licensing on this end of things is really awesome, in my opinion.
    edited June 2007
    but then what stops people from logging on to a bunch of different computers with the same account? just checking to see that only one is logged in at a time?

I've hear stories of people accidentally getting their whole steam account deleted with no refund because Valve thought they were sharing their account, are these stories exaggerated?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    but then what stops people from logging on to a bunch of different computers with the same account? just checking to see that only one is logged in at a time?

I've hear stories of people accidentally getting their whole steam account deleted with no refund because Valve thought they were sharing their account, are these stories exaggerated?
    I'm guessing that all the installs are tied to the account and only one can be running at a time. Kinda like World of Warcraft. I can install it as many times on as many PC's as I want... I can only use it on one at any particular time.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Dras... If we have time, I'm sure we can fire up BF1941: Desert Combat. I LOVED that Mod. Thats the reason I love the BF series. ;)

You sure you wanna do that? :ninja:

apachesl6.jpg
    Sig I made a few years back.

:p
    edited June 2007
    OH YEAH I DO.... I seem to remember SM-LAN'05 I sat waiting for a Chopper battle with you.... never came about. MY apache still waits for you... not that you'd see me coming, mind you. Low and fast... pop and shoot. {poof} Gone... :cool:

Or so I keep telling myself. ;D
    edited June 2007
    If I log onto steam on my PC, and then load up HL2, and then go upstairs a log into steam on Perry's PC, my PC logs out immediately with a message "your steam account signed on from another location. This computer has been logged out" or something to that effect.
    edited June 2007
    Okay, then I wont worry about it, thanks.
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I think UT2k4 is a tighter game for balanced deathmatch than HL2:DM, but both are fun, and i'm sure we'll play both at some point. I'm looking forward to trying out BF2 - I've been playing BF2142, but I have no idea of the differences. ...my UT game is weak now, probably :eek:
    edited June 2007
    sharky's weak UT2k4 = 100x better than prime's best UT2k4 :wtf:
    edited June 2007
    sharky's weak UT2k4 = 100x better than prime's best UT2k4 :wtf:
    I think we could take him Prime.... I'll bring my nerf gun and we can pelt him in real time while you FRAG him online!!! :D