IC/SMx News Bulletin

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited June 2007 in Folding@Home
SM23 is a folding beast and all you hosts are now officially put on notice. Keith's coming to whoop your ass. Sorry in advance.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=115103

Seriously, from 2600 ppm to 16,000 in one month is just ridiculous and given the timing when the box came online, it will probably top out at 18-19k with a full solid month.

Holy hell, can't wait for X4!

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Niiiiiice :D
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    That's awesome ...Mortin lives! Congrats TBonz and good seeing you again!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET work TBonz!!!! I love forward to seeing her climb the boards!!! :thumbsup:
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited June 2007
    Nice job TBonZ.:fold:

SM23 is a folding beast and all you hosts are now officially put on notice. Keith's coming to whoop your ass. Sorry in advance.
    You can say "sorry" when you pass me.:nudge: :bigggrin:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Good work, Terry.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited June 2007
    Way to F:fold:LD Terry.:thumbsup:
    Nothing like a friendly challenge.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2007
    TBonZ, good to see you again. Fold on brother!
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    TBonZ wrote:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=115103

Seriously, from 2600 ppm to 16,000 in one month is just ridiculous and given the timing when the box came online, it will probably top out at 18-19k with a full solid month.

Holy hell, can't wait for X4!

FFS that is amazing.

Mortin is kicking ass and taking names:cool:

what are the specs of the machine? :o

cheers and fold on! :fold:
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    :cheers3:
    jared wrote:
    FFS that is amazing.

Mortin is kicking ass and taking names:cool:

what are the specs of the machine? :o

cheers and fold on! :fold:

Seriously! It's an AMD Dualcore 3800+. Most cost effective upgrade ev4r! I've been eyeballing a 5200+ for the last week, one more price drop and I think I might bite. These chips smoke the folding!
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    WTG TbonZ! That's great output.
    Good to see you around.
    Now, All I want to do is sell off all my athlon xp systems and upgrade.
    edited June 2007
    I highly recommend it Hawk. The cost/performance ratio is incredible, never a better time to buy and am damn glad I waited for as long as I did to upgrade. It's basically the equivalent of running four xp2000+ systems. Good to see you too man. :)

Just started messing with the o/c without any tweaking of memory timings and have this running rock-solid at 2460Mhz. I can certainly live with a 24% overclock. :cool2:

EDIT - Compared my FAH logs before/after o/c and found that the current WU takes 47:16 per checkpoint before o/c. After o/c my time is down to 37:05. Not bad, that will add up soon enough!
    edited June 2007
    Donut wrote:
    You can say "sorry" when you pass me.:nudge: :bigggrin:

Ya got me Donut, you're the only one I won't catch under present conditions. :respect: What are you running anyways?
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited June 2007
    TBonZ- It's good to see people putting some serious hardware in these rigs- at a bargain price. I've got to admit, I was delighted with the folding power DCs brought to the table when I got mine too.

Looks like a good OC too. Let 'er rip! :thumbsup:
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited June 2007
    TBonZ wrote:
    Ya got me Donut, you're the only one I won't catch under present conditions. :respect: What are you running anyways?

With that overclock, you will catch me. It will be slow though.:D

I've got a pair of Opteron 248's (2.2 gig, 1 meg cache). I'm maxed out unless I buy a newer board, and at 200-300 dollars I don't see that happening. But down the road you still can upgrade.

I'd love to see other SMX (IC ?) rigs chase me down. I might be able to justify a new upgrade then.:)

Great job TBonZ, pour on the coal!:smokin:

I was just reading your previous posts, you were eyeballing a 5200?:eek:
    I'd better start looking for an upgrade path.
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, was thinking of going to a 5200+ but at $200 CDN, just not quite yet. My want has been quelled now that I'm practically running a X2 5000+ anyways, at least without the extra cache. I think the next buy will be quality dual-channel RAM to bump that o/c even more!

I can certainly understand where you're coming from in respect to upgrading, it just doesn't make sense for you at all. Although, it would be nice to kick-start some IC/SMx rivalries around here.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Terry, it's really good to see you back around :)
    edited June 2007
    Terry, it's really good to see you back around :)

Hey thanks Brian, good to see you too! :)

btw - Not bad temps either at full FAH load, there's definitely more push to this baby!
    edited June 2007
    Mortin would be very pleased to see his rig crushing everyone and overclocked so nicely!!!
    edited June 2007
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Mortin would be very pleased to see his rig crushing everyone and overclocked so nicely!!!

I had to bring the clock down to 2.44Ghz after a freeze-up 20 hours later. Definitely the ram!

Here's a nice screenie to prove my point of this thread. :rarr:
    edited June 2007
    Guess SM19 will be seeing SM23 on it's butt very soon. Way to fold Keith and TBonz!!! :thumbsup:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    That rocks, Terry!