Good site to buy a case

lang15lang15 USA
edited June 2003 in Hardware
What's a good starting point? I'm looking to get a really nice case, but im not sure where to start. I like windows, and im going to end up buying a lot of new hardware too.

Any websites to suppliers or articles about cases would be of help. thanks !

Jason

Comments

• edited June 2003
    Directron has a nice selection, so does Newegg. There isn't anything really you should be looking for except a case you think looks nice. Afterall, the case will probably outlast most of your parts.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Xoxide has some nice pre-modded cases, also stock. And as the others mentioned, newegg and directron. Are you looking for a pre-mod, I know you said you liked windows, or do you want to try your dremel skills out?
  • edited June 2003
    Hmmmm Dremel

/me hides in a corner :'(
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Computergeeks.com has a really nice inexpensive silver case for about $30. They were running a $10 rebate, but I'm not sure when it ends. Either way, it's a sturdy case with a 400W PSU.

//EDIT: http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=0209-4HL
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2003
    it has to have good cooling as well if you plan on putting a reasonably modern (athlon/p4) system in it. Good cooling is at least:
    space for 1 120mm or 2 80/92mm front-mounted intake fans blowing across the hard drive(s)
    space for 1 120mm or 2 80/92mm rear-mounted exhaust fans

All PSs are not created equal. I wouldn't touch the one in that case from computer geeks if you paid me. Generic PSs can cause all sorts of nasty problems. Stick with Antec, PC Power & Cooling, Raidmax/Robanton/Powmax, or Enermax PSs.
  • edited June 2003
    Xtreme Gear has some nice cases at reasonable prices.
  • CCWCCW Suffolk, UK
    edited June 2003
    For those of us in the UK:

www.overclock.co.uk
    www.over-clock.co.uk

They do all the major makes etc,
    Craig