Need Advice for new WC setup!!

NoFutureNoFuture In a 3D world...
edited November 2003 in Hardware
I'll be ordering my WC setup really soon and I have a few questions that need to be answered before I make my move.

The store I will be ordering from is bigfootcomputers.com (I live in canada). As I don't want to spend too much money on it, I will go with the bare minimum, pump, rad, WB, T connector and tubing, but I wan't it as effective as possible.

This is their WB page :http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Bigfoot&Category_Code=510.1

I think I will get the MCW-5000a but I don't really know all the differences between the 500x series. I would prefer getting 1/2OD tubing.

For the radiator, its either this one :
http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=6065SWFT&Category_Code=510.2

Or the D-Tek pro combo:
http://www.lux-design.com/onlinestore/c168148.2.html

I need you guys advice on this but If you have other suggestions, don't hesitate.

Finally, this is the pump:
http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=6050PUMP&Category_Code=510.3

This will be an Inline system, I don't have room for a res. All prices are in CDN$. Thanks for your advice.

NoFuture

Comments

• ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Danger Den make very good blocks, not that there's anything wrong with Swiftech - I only mention it because Criticool have a sale on blocks right now. I myself was thinking of ordering a Maze4 AMD (have Maze 3 P4 now), at $41 it's hard to go wrong. They also carry the other items you need, no idea how pricing compares. They are based in Calgary.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Cool!

I just recieved the 5002 version 2 in the mail but i haven´t had time to install it yet. The 5000 sure is a good block from the reviews i have seen. I would get the d-tek radiator since it uses better fittings for your system and it takes up less space. When you get some more money, you can always get another d-tek if you want which will help a lot. DO NOT get that tubing they have on the site though. Get some good Tygon tubing. It´s a little more expensive but it will hold it´s size much longer and it will also be tougher to kink. You will only need one t connection to make the fill/bleed line but it´s good to have the fill on the top of the loop and the bleed on the bottom. So 2 "T" and a handful of clamps. That pump looks nice and small and the rating is good.
  • ShortyShorty
    hereby appoints Mack "watercooling god" :D
    Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    hereby appoints Mack "watercooling god" :D
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Good choice on parts, and I've dealt with bigfoot on several occasions, and plan on doing so again in a day or so for a thermalright 947 and a set of those phat zalman headphones they have.

Great service from them.
  • fuxorfuxor i live in a giant bucket
    edited November 2003
    i'm not sure if they've shaped up yet but the DangerDen blocks I've used were both of disappointing quality and leaked (in the same spot too o_O). they got decent temps after I sealed the leaks but the fact that they came with extra holes in them combined with the crappy customer service has biased me against DD forever.

go swiftech, there's practically no chance for disappointment.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I just recieved the 5002 version 2 in the mail but i haven´t had time to install it yet.

Mac,

I would think by now that you have enough liquid cooling components to have your several computers, your television, stereo, and electric razor all chilled. Am I close to the truth?

Leo

:D
  • NoFutureNoFuture In a 3D world...
    edited November 2003
    Thx for the inputs guys, I think I have settled my choice on a Maze4, D-tek procore with shroud and a MCp300.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Leonardo had this to say
    I just recieved the 5002 version 2 in the mail but i haven´t had time to install it yet.

Mac,

I would think by now that you have enough liquid cooling components to have your several computers, your television, stereo, and electric razor all chilled. Am I close to the truth?

Leo

:D

I wish! I need more space dangit. I have about 3 sq feet to have all my stuff at. That's one, MAYBE 2 puters. But you're right, i'm piling up on copper blocks. :D
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Shorty had this to say
    /me hereby appoints Mack "watercooling god" :D

he wasnt already?