Java...

I've got XP, but Java won't work! I try to update Windows and it says that I can't DL the newest Update...

Is there anywhere I can get it?

Comments

• drowddrowd Texas
    edited June 2003
    i use opera and if you download the opera with java then . . . it will install java for you. and if you dont like opera, you can uninstall it, but i would highly discourage you as it happens to be the bestest browser on the planet . . .
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    SP1 (non "A") should have MS VM. Sun's Java simply sucks :(
  • ktulu_tcoktulu_tco Akita, Japan
    edited June 2003
    Actually, MS Java sux... but it has become almost standard now among crapplets. Oh well...
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Yeah, Java applets like anti-leech do not work with Sun's java, and I was spending ages trying to get it to work and didnt know why. Though another advantage of MS's java is it loads faster. You know when you hit Java with Suns version beacuse the Hard drive hammers, IE stalls and you have to wait for it to load, with MS's version it doesnt do it.

NS
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    You would have thought Sun could develop a half decent VM condisering they invented Java and all.

mD
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    I like MS Java a lot better than Suns too.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by Walter E. Kurtz
    I've got XP, but Java won't work! I try to update Windows and it says that I can't DL the newest Update...

Is there anywhere I can get it?

sounds like you are using thwe famous devilsown key.