Too good deal!

edited June 2003 in Hardware
I put my computer on a swedish trading website just to see how much I would get for it, not planning to sell it. So I put highest bid wins and lowest bid = $1,200 (12,000kr) and this guy living right next to me is offering 15,000kr or more (I'm gonna trick him and say there is some1 bidding higher than him :P) which is 1,500 dollars! All the parts for my computer only cost about 1,000 dollars new so I'm about to sell my computer and gain a 150% profit and buy a abit nforce 2 with a barton 3000+ and sapphire 9800pro 256mb and 2 twinmos pc3200 256mb :D:D etc. etc. Am I lucky or what :) I could make a living like this, buying computers parts and selling 150% more expensive.

Comments

• Massive_gasMassive_gas Baghdad
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by Goozeman
    I could make a living like this, buying computers parts and selling 150% more expensive.

hahahhahahahahahhahhahahhahh
    AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

That's what the people who you're buying the stuff from already do.
  • edited June 2003
    of course, but I mean without starting a bussiness or anything
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I don't know how you want to look at it, but if you're buying a thing and then selling that thing for more than you bought it, you're in business. Whether or not the government of Sweden knows about is another matter :)
  • edited June 2003
    :) yeah well I meant like opening a shop and buying stuff straight from the companies that make the hardware. Still a pretty good deal tho, I'm sure I might be able to get 2,000 off this guy if I really want to (20k swedish) :)
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Well go for it man, then buy new stuff to build you a new computer and put it up for sell. People do it all the time over ebay I'm sure, just got to find people that are willing to buy.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Clutch said what I was going to say. This is what has destroyed the computing area of eBay, its just a wasteland of stupid resellers, where you just look at the prices and 90% of the time the base price is higher than you know you can buy it for new for from any internet shop.

NS
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    You are right NS, that is the case at a local computer store that opened up in my town, he is offering computers for like $900 when you look at the spec sheet it's only worth like $600 at the most, pretty sad that people get ripped off like that. But ther are some resellers that offer very good prices.
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    ....Then you have the jokers slingin' their pentium 166 'Multimedia' system, with a SEEEEEDEEEEEROM, printer, scanner, digital camera and desk for an unbeatable £1500.

Thats value for ya.

mD
  • edited June 2003
    lol