Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Max and his expressions......

NS
  • verselloversello New
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by Epyon202
    what ever happend in the end of max payne, i think i beat it but not sure can anyone tell me the ending? my max payne cd is messed up or something so i cant play it.

I vaguely remember him being on the top of a building at the end*I think*... which brings you back to the introduction when he recalled all the events that took place *I think*

Damn this is what I get for staying up 'til 5am playing games on weekends two years ago.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    At the end he shoots down a helicopter with the president of the company inside. Actually he shots down some poles which hit the helicopter and the helicopter falls exploding.
  • edited July 2003
    Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii remember now.....................

Might just play it all over again

/me installs MaxPayne, and this time I will play it :D
  • PyobliEPyobliE UK
    edited July 2003
    How good would Max Payne multiplayer have been !? We can only dream....

Although the bullet time would have been a bit annoying multiplayer - If one person used it, everyone elses game would slow down till he had finnished! heh...
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited July 2003
    Those pics are awsome. Are there any pics of in game play?
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited July 2003
    i imagine those pics are pretty close to how it will look in game. if you remember the last one, they used the engine for rendering everything and nothing was pre-rendered. and as far as max payne multiplayer, the question we keep coming back to, is how to effectively make max payne multiplayer. and it seems as though there isnt really a good way. the two ways we could come up with, are for everyone to go into bullet-time when one person uses it and to get the game out of sync so that when you use it the game goes on and the person that uses the least bullet-time would essentially finish first. there are problems with both ways really. if everyone goes into bullet time, its gonna be real annoying if you are just walking down a hallway and you have to go all slow. in addition, whenever stuff is slowing down and you didnt do it, you are all gonna freak out and look everywhere to make sure no one is about to tag you. with the other way, if you dont use bullet time, and someone else does, you could have already cleared the room, but since the other person had already gone into bullet time, you will still be there and essentially you could die even if you escaped danger. man, complicated!!!
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited August 2003
    here are a bunch more screenshots of max payne 2 from gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/maxpayne2/screenindex.html
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited September 2003
    aight guys, we finally got a movie. check this out. i seriously almost started crying when i first heard the revised theme. ok, just kidding, not really. ok, fine, i did, i am a little girl, what can i say. anyway, here is the linky . . .

http://pcmovies.ign.com/pc/video/maxpayne2_091203_001.mov
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited September 2003
    ok, i just found a better link that is at 720x480 res from the actual mp2 website

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne2/trailer/MaxPayne2_trailer1_720x480.zip
  • edited September 2003
    downloading............ :D

This and HL2, can't wait........
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited September 2003
    yes we should have no trouble staying entertained this winter :D

Good thing too, cause I hear its going to be a COLD one.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited October 2003
    so . . .

i just picked up max payne 2 at best buy. and so far its great. they really stayed true to the originality of first one, but changed what they could about this one. not to mention, the havok engine is unbelievable. i cant wait for some of the cool mods and other games that will come out of this one.

also, you will be able to get it at best buy for a killer deal this sunday. check out hot deals for more details . . .

EDIT:// here is the link to the full details on how you can get mp2 super cheap from best buy.

http://www.icronticforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2755
  • edited October 2003
    wohhhh!

Sorry was just playing Max Payne 2

....talking of which, I gotta get past that dam level :D
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited October 2003
    The wife picked up a copy of MaxPayne2 for me last evening.
    I have played it some, really about the same game play as the original.
    I am wondering if the console activation is still available?
    I have placed the same wording in the command line, but the console does not come up, so -developer is not right.
    Would anyone out there know what the secret is?
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited October 2003
    yeah, it werks
    type this into the target
    -developerkeys -screenshot
    that allows you to change through the different models by hitting page up and page down when you load a saved game. screenshots with F10. and it frees F3 to various camera modes in game play. anyway, there are some VERY revealing models of little miss mona if you cycle through these . . .
  • BobyJoBobyJo N C Texas
    edited October 2003
    How about the cheat codes? I used to type in -developer and some cheat codes was available. I can't get this to work at all. Do you know what the key is now. Thanks BJ
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited October 2003
    Sweet game so far!
  • edited October 2003
    is someone writign a review for this game yet?
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited October 2003
    that game was ridiculously good. not extremely long or challenging, but a lot of fun. now for harder difficulties :-D
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited October 2003
    yeah, coaster has just put up the first review up at ICG, but all of the reviewer are writing a review for it. thats one of our goals, is for the big games, we want everyone to review it. anyway, the game IS really good, i am a little more than halfway through it and its been superb so far . . .
    edited October 2003
    Too short to be honest, but still quite good.

Nice ending music.

NS
  • RMFRMF
    edited October 2003
    What's up with the way that Max runs now? He looks like a freak. He moves like he's concealing some kind of but plug underneath that long coat...and a big one at that.

Also, why can't you fore whilst you dive anymore? When you dive to the left or right you need to wait until he's finished off his hawai 5.0 style roll before you can start shooting again, which kind of takes the fun out of it now i think. And why can't he dive forward anymore?

Apart from all of that it's an alright game. The story so far isn't anywhere near as good as MP1 (i just started playing as Mona), but it's not bad overall.
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by RMF
    What's up with the way that Max runs now? He looks like a freak. He moves like he's concealing some kind of but plug underneath that long coat...and a big one at that.

Also, why can't you fore whilst you dive anymore? When you dive to the left or right you need to wait until he's finished off his hawai 5.0 style roll before you can start shooting again, which kind of takes the fun out of it now i think. And why can't he dive forward anymore?

Apart from all of that it's an alright game. The story so far isn't anywhere near as good as MP1 (i just started playing as Mona), but it's not bad overall.

He can dive forward, you must have some sort of key configuration conflict....

NS
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited October 2003
    Too short to be honest, but still quite good.

...agreed. Also i think they should have added more to the over all movements. Like it would have been cool to climb up a ladder hang on an edge of a wall etc.. Like in splinter cell except more action.

Over all I give it a 7 out of ten.

Pro's awsome sound fx
    good story
    bulet time
    prety textures
    fighting alongside other caracters.

Con's Way to short
    They realy didn't add anytrhing to the origenal
    caracter movements not nature
    Boxes and objects fell over to easy and to often

Don't think I'll buy the next one untill it hits the 15 to 20 buck range.
  • edited October 2003
    7 out of 10? No way :D

Ok, I am just a fan boy - I LOVED IT, well I guess you all know that now :)

Bring on the payne! /me fast forwards his life one year :D
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited October 2003
    Well the first one got a 10 from me. They just really didnt do anything new that would deserve a 10. They just should have added some more movements to the caracter.
  • edited October 2003
    did you know that apparently there is a different ending to the story on the hardest level?

Makes it a tad longer, though I can just enter the story and blast away I love Bullet Time 2.0 so much ;D
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited October 2003
    does the girl live? couse that would rock! Max has to get his freak on :)
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by Komete
    does the girl live? couse that would rock! Max has to get his freak on :)

*** SPOILER ****

No, everyone dies, absoloutely everyone exept Max, which sort of removes any type of continuality in the next game....

The use the cheats, put -developer in the shortcut, and press the tidle (~) key in game to being up the console, then type the cheats in there.

The only form of replayablity the game seems to have though is on the "Dead man walking" modes, as the story itself is too slow to want to play again anytime soon.

Another thing as well as the game being short, was most of it was way too easy, I just walked stright through the game...

NS