MAking SATA floppy - which files?

PlecPlec UK
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Just downloaded the latest SATA drivers for Asus A7N8X Deluxe but i don't know which files to copy to the floppy for the F6 prompt when installing XP. If the info is in the read me i've missed it...

The whole download was over 5mb - could someone tell me the name of the files or files that i need on the floppy. I'm guessing I deff need the Si3112r.inf driver but do i need any of the other files?

Plec

Comments

• dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    Just the inf file worked fine for me. Ill have to check to make sure though.

mD
  • PlecPlec UK
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by dydx
    Ill have to check to make sure though.

Thanks dydx; would really appreciate that.

Plec
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2003
    When you unzipped it there is probably a few files in the root directory and then subdirectorys for teh OS's isnt there? All the other raid and disk controllers I have used were set up like that so you need whats in the root directory and the subdirectory for the OS.

Tex
  • PlecPlec UK
    edited June 2003
    Originally posted by Tex
    When you unzipped it there is probably a few files in the root directory and then subdirectorys for teh OS's isnt there?

That's what i was expecting, like the highpoint controllers for the ABIT, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the ASUS SATA d/l (but then it was an XP only download).

There's just so many files in the initial root directory (under 1.44mb too) - & it could be i that I could copy all these files to the floppy to know ill effect (even if there were files there i didn't need.). I would just rather be 100% sure before i start pulling things apart :).

Thanks for the reply.

Plec