Looking for some wireless stuff...

GobdGobd Seattle, WA
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Is there anything that will let me transmit cable TV wirelessly from one cable to a TV upstairs that can't have cable ran to it?

Also where are some cheap things that let me transmit music from my PC to my television? I know that things like this exsist but i just don't know what they are called or where to buy them cheap.

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    You can get lots of transmitters, but to be honest, unless you buy a REALLY expensive one, they have a range of about 5 meters before the picture becomes REALLY crap and not worth it. Though one advantage is these normally also have an IR retransmitter in them, meaning if you need to change the channel of something downstairs, then you can point the remote at your end and it will reproduce the signal the other end, so it will change the channel or whatever. These are usually SCART or Coax.

For the PC, if you mean wireless, then you can actually use the same things as they have 2 audio plugs meaning you can just plug a Y type phono plug from the PC into it, and then have the opposite set up the other end. If you dont want wireless then just use a headphone to Y shape phono and plug it into the 2 phono audio sockets on the back of the TV.

But really, the quality of the wireless stuff isnt very good and frankly not worth it.

NS
  • GobdGobd Seattle, WA
    edited June 2003
    :( Thats what i figured, i guess it will be a few more years before wirelessly technology gets really good.
  • dydxdydx Cymru, UK
    edited June 2003
    http://www.blackbox.co.uk

My mate has something similar, wireless KVM, works a treat, great quality. Go and check it out.

mD