Is this place dead or what?

EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
edited August 2003 in Community
Damn! only 14 posts since last night... :rolleyes::confused::(

Comments

• edited August 2003
    Seems so, sorry to say. Guess it just knid of faded away when everyone started pissing on eachother's shoes. Damn shame............................................................................................

S!
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    We've got a few things coming up pretty soon. Sorry but try and be patient guys.
  • karatekidkaratekid Ogdensburg, NY
    edited August 2003
    Remember too, that summer tends to be a slow time for computer sites and the computer industry. About September we should see alot of happenings in the industry and more activity around here.
  • EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
    edited August 2003
    and AFAIK SM is not doing much better either not to mention the fact that the site keeps going down at least twice a week... :confused:
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2003
    since i spend most of my time at work reading icrontic and SM (w00t w00t) i've noticed that icrontic is MUCH worse off than SM is. granted, a lot of the posts are from shorty and geeky, but still... i think the split spread a lot of members around and kept some people checking all three, which probably splits their posting time too
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited August 2003
    I have noticed that both sites have gone down a little, as far as the forums and updates and all. Just let people start getting back to school, and away from the summer thing and it should pick up. I know for me, I'm working one full time job and one part time job, I don't even have time to eat dinner most of the time, so I really don't have time to browse the sites either. But my summer job will soon be over and I will have more time to come to the sites.

But I still have my kick ass Icrontic shirt, hehe show your love guys.
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited August 2003
    Summer sucks for hardware enthusiasts and forums.

wait, that's already been said...

Add to this some bumps in the road here a month ago, and a stagnating computing industry (full of bulky promises and artificial numbers)... ingredients for the loss of enthusiasts overall, and fewer to spread between the various hardware sites.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I visit not only SM and Icrontic but several other forums as well. As far as I can tell, activity rates at all these enthusiast sites tapers off in the summer.

I think Icrontic is good health. :cool:
  • WarriorWarrior Scotland
    edited August 2003
    Hey! EQ,
    How are you man, long time no hear, might remember me better by my old Wreckie handle, nice to see u still active. We call summer the silly season here in the UK, everyone on holiday, Government in recess, no real news and everything is slow, should pick up in a bit.