Playing Unreal Tournament?

HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
edited May 2004 in Gaming
The Server has Mapvote304,UTPureRC6,and Map Redirect now.
The IP is 198.64.189.26 (In your UT game right click on blank area of your favorites and click Add New IP) Add name & IP.
If you have a favorite map you would like on the server, just let me know and I'll try to get it on there. Happy Fraggin! Hawk

Comments

• HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    As you all know, we have a UT server setup for addaboy, short media and icrontic.
    I want to know if anybody is using it? It seems-that no one is playing on it, and if thats the case, I'll get it shut down. It's costing me $70 a mnth for this and I am not going to pay for something not used. I haven't recieved any suggestions on maps you all like or anything else. Maybe we should set up a gaming night each week or something to that effect. I'm open for suggestions. I await your replies.
  • edited November 2003
    Is it for UT classic? If so I'm in on a gaming night, heck, I'm in for UT2K3 for all that...I just need an IP to look for.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Yeppers, It's UT Classic. And shorty's working on getting mapvote setup for us. I'll get those maps in there too for you bothered. I'm into CTF too, thats my favorite. It'll be nice when the mapvote is up and running. We're also working on getting a banner on the front page so you can just click on it and go to the game. Everyones so busy right now, it's a little slow getting these things done. But I'm trying to stay on top of it. The maps, map manager & links are stickied to the top of the gaming forum for all of you that want to play. Also, I just reread the first thread and want to apologize if I sounded cranky. lol, I've been doing a lot of studying for tests I'm taking and my nerves are a little jangled as of late.
    edit:Your fav maps are in bothered.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Merged & stickied :D

Come on guys! Lets make this worth his time & money! :D
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Thnx Shorty, Appreciate it bud.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Hey Gang,
    I've changed the amount of players in the game to 16, also added some new maps so come on in and get fragged!!!
    If we had a banner on the front page it would make it easier to get into the game??? And everyone would see that we have a UT server,then it would really rock. :Rocker: lol
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    yea i think a Banner on the front page would make it Hella easy plus You would get discounts right? /me loads up UT and starts fragging!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Alright. I think I'll come in and pwn you folks this evening.

//EDIT:

/me goes nuts with excitement when he finds McKinley on the list
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    quote: plus You would get discounts right?:unquote Thats correct Gnome, but I can't get any of the three sites to put one up, so I pay $68 a mnth for it. But thats ok, I'm having fun while it lasts.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    ah gotta get some banners up for discouts so it it last longer!
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Looks like we had a few players today & tonight, but they all quit when I beat em with bots!! lol
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I've played about 15 new maps so far, and none of them have been any good.

:skeptic: Bah.
  • edited November 2003
    I keep getting this error when I try to run UT...
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2003
    I have a little whinge, The maps load very slow. I had a game on it the other night, The game finished and I didn't have the next map so it downloaded. By the time I got it and joined I played for about 15 seconds and that game ended.

bothered.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Thrax, I was playing all afternoon and all night last night except for a couple 5 min breaks! I saw you go in and went in 2 min later and you were gone. If there's maps you like let me know --I'll load them for you. Also you can b**ch at Shorty heh heh (nudge) about not being able to change to the map you like, with the mapvote program.

bothered- read the directions at the top of this thread to get maps fast. Also get the map manager-It will load the maps in the game for you, after you DL them to a file in your PC. All the UT servers are slow to DL maps, or at least most that I have played. And thats alot of servers over 3+ yrs.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    madmat, I'm not sure whats causing your critical error, but I searched around and found a couple of sites you can go to and ask. They have forums to ask about problems like this. Here they are-- #1-- http://forums.unrealplayground.com/showthread.php?t=17181 ,
    #2-- http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    Try these 2 and see if you can get some idea of why it's happening. You'll have to register to post, but it's that way anywhere you go to post questions. Let me know if you can't get it fixed and I'll try somewhere else for you.
  • edited November 2003
    Nah man, last time I had a problem like this with UT the only cure was to do a fresh install and I'm happy with the way my system's running so that's completely outta the question.
    I'm just going to do without it and be happy playing one of my other 30 games or demos.
    Thanks anyways.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I think someone is messing with T H R A X, His name is changing to Intel on this thread!!!! hahahaha
    madmat, Sorry I couldn't help you man. Must be something about those P-4's that UT don't like.....heh heh. Just kiddin bud.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2003
    Every time I've had a similar error, a vid driver change seemed to fix it. Though these days it seems that that is almost as labor-intensive as doing a fresh install... :p
  • edited November 2003
    I changed my vid driver to no avail and oddly enough it'd play on my other user profile but not now, I get the same error in both users now...I'm really unhappy about this though, UT is one of my favorite games and I should've installed it long ago but an ex-coworker had it and I just got it back.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    anyone know a good mirror for the UT patch for the creative edition, i just install UT again trying to get it going and play some UT.
  • edited November 2003
    Classic UT, eh?

I guess I'll join in.

/me installs UT Classic.

Thrax Thrax Thrax!!!!!
  • edited November 2003
    Well, I get this error when I start the game. Using the latest patch, and video drivers.

I guess thats that.
  • edited November 2003
    Hey Smj, it looks like you've got about the same problem I do...think we oughta start a support group for other people that end up with that problem?
  • edited November 2003
    Well the error itself is diffrent, but why the hell not?
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Ok, gang, The mapvote is in and working! I finally got it set. I'm still tweaking things in there as we go. UTPure anti-cheat will be put in soon too.
    Here's a place you can go to ask questions http://forums.beyondunreal.com/index.php? or learn a lot about hardware -software problems and it's a pretty active site. Also has all the UT series forums. You'll have to register as always with good sites. Lets get some fragging in everyone. Hopefully a banner-link will be put up on front page soon so we can get into the game easier.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Madmat & TheSMJ, I didn't even think of it till I said something to Gnome about the prob you guys are experiencing. He reminded me that you have to put in the 436 patch or you will get errors like that. Have you guys put in the patch?
  • Josh-Josh- Royal Oak, MI
    edited November 2003
    Every time I've had a similar error, a vid driver change seemed to fix it. Though these days it seems that that is almost as labor-intensive as doing a fresh install...
    I haven't had a chance to look at Unreal Tournament correctly, but the above statement is probably the cause of 90% of problems you may be experiencing. Unreal Tournament has always been a little touchy with Video Card settings. If I remember correctly, there should be a video area in your Menu -> Options. Try changing the drivers it uses, I believe it uses Direct3d or something as a default, but I am not positive, it has been months since I've even started Unreal.

Try experimenting with different video card settings via the unreal tournament menu options. Possibly there may be something else wrong, try upgrading to the latest patch, if you have not done so already. Also, UT may have some compatability errors with some operating systems, such as WindowsXP, look into that if your using that operating system and having problems.

Best of luck in resolving your problem
    -J

EDIT: Also, try www.planetunreal.com for a VERY large resource index for unreal tournament needs. They have been around for a long time now, and should be able to solve your problem if it continues to proceed.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Josh, I know there's no compatability problems with XP because myself and quite a few others I know use it and have no problems playing UT. It's deffinately video prob's. But your idea of using Direct 3D or changing which drivers in the UT menu might work. The original UT will use Direct 3D, Open GL, 3DFX Glide for windows, S3 MeTaL for windows and last is Software Rendering, it just depends on the card you use to whether it plays better in one or the other. I used Open GL and 3DFX Glide when I had Voodoo cards. Now that I have Radeon 9700 Pro, it uses the direct 3D better. To get to the change video drivers-- you can start it up in safe mode and there's a Change your 3D Video Device tab. As for planet unreal or beyond unreal--both have forums for troubleshooting, and I've found beyond unreal seems to help me more.
  • Josh-Josh- Royal Oak, MI
    edited November 2003
    Now that I have Radeon 9700 Pro, it uses the direct 3D better.
    On the contrary, Open GL supported my video card better then direct 3D, if I remember. Soon after, the errors stopped. I would just suggest changing video card devices..Other then that, I haven't been on for such a time, that I can't remember anymore how to solve it. Good luck with it.
    -J