Driving Directions

Comments

• pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    OH DEAR GOD!!! I go to MNF at the bar and look what happens. A new forum opens up and I'm left behind in the pee race.....

I can see the SM Jackass video starting......... Ghetto Winter Olympics also...... Mmmmm, Ghetto Olympics
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited November 2003
    Just an FYI....Harper curves...and you'll go underneath Harper once whilst on i-94....don't worry...don't exit until you see the harper exit signs. Not the road signs.....I made that mistake once and had to drive through the ghettoooooo.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Hmmm.... This could be fun-- is the uber-limo (aka VAN) from airport full yet??? Probably get in the 8th, maybe the 7th and see my brother(s) about computer(s) problems. Yes, this is s triple or double (depending on availability of Traverse City brother meeting me) purpose trip. :D

John.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    McBain:

The harper crossover doesn't occur until after the exit......
    edited November 2003
    Prime....I think I'm comin from a different direction as you.
    edited November 2003
    I'm so lost... I'm thinking that you're coming from dearborn... Coming from the west, you exit on harper right before the overpass. I mean, RIGHT before it.... I could be wrong though.
    edited November 2003
    Trust me on this one...the only time I drove to your place....I was driving and all of a sudden I see the little green sign that said Harper Rd. on a the overpass....and I go....awww crap....got off at next exit and doubled back...check the addys and I realize I still have a while to go....so I turned around and just took harper to your door.
  • LincLinc
    knows that he is going to get lost in ghetto-ville and have to call you for help
    Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    knows that he is going to get lost in ghetto-ville and have to call you for help
    edited November 2003
    General Keebler...just stop off at the local 'Winery' on every corner in detroit....I'm sure they'll show you on your way to Sarcnet.

Wait...whats that you say? You don't have gold teef? Ruh-Roh.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2003
    I'm going to put prime on my speed dial, so when I get lost the homie's don't try jack me for my harware, :)
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    yeah, I are also going to, I'm kinda worried, I've never driven on a trip like this before, when I do mapquest, things like this scare me:

11: Merge onto NEW YORK STATE TRWY N (Portions toll). 285.75 miles

The estimate on mapquest (I figure this is probably the best map source, lemme know if theres a better one) is about 12hrs (764miles) so I figure if I leave here at like 7 or 8am I can be at teh Sarc by like 10pm-12am (including breaks for lunch, etc) on January 8th, hopefully I wont get lost...still a little scared about the whole driving 750 miles thing, but, I'm sure it'll be okay!
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited November 2003
    Prime, are the closest cross-roads to your actual office location Harper & Devonshire?

And I'm guessing it's the north-east corner of that junction (or close to it?)

Just trying to get my bearings, as I'll be coming west on I-94 and thing's aren't exactly clear as to where exactly the office is located when coming in this way. :)

MapPoint has me riding the 401 -to- 402 -to- US Border -to- I-69 -to- I-94 -to Cadieux Road south to Harper West and 11 streets west of the junction of Cadieux and Harper is where I'm supposed to be (Harper & Devonshire). :)

Is that little alley-way that you speak of Linville Street by chance?

//Edit: BTW, what exactly is "portions toll?" You don't have toll freeways in MI do you?
    edited November 2003
    Camman, I also looked on Mapquest, 14 hours of straight driving, that should be interesting needless to say. But I plan on spliting the driving up with my best friend who is coming with me, so that should be a little better.

Anyone want to meet somewhere near like Ohio or something? and follow each other? maybe we want get too lost, haha
    edited November 2003
    Speaking of meeting up...is anyone meeting up anywhere in my route of travel? I'm traveling From Southern NH to the LAN, I heard some people might be meeting up in NYC???
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2003
    Clutch Norge, Aranyic, Sicarius, and myself are coming from Columbus. Not sure when we are all leaving but I a guessing roughly 2 or so. Afters school sometime.

Cammon: Take 80/90 and stay in ohio. That way you dont have to pass thru customs twice and you can take the toleway. Then you dont have to worry about getting in the wrong lane someplace and go the wrong direction. I know its a bitch in Columbus the first time you drive on a certain part of interstate.
    edited November 2003
    oh mmonnin, I no longer need that monitor that I had said I needed before, thanks for your offering though, greatly appreciated!
    edited November 2003
    OK no problem I will offer it to a third person.
    edited November 2003
    Yeah, no matter what, bring your spare monitors. They can't hurt....
    edited November 2003
    Here is my route that I will be taking into MI. If anyone is on the big line let me know, we might can meet somewhere.
    edited November 2003
    I am guessing you are taking 77 North then west along the 80 bypass until you get to 75 and go north.
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited November 2003
    Just want to share my route too. If I drive non-stop I can do the 250 miles in 3 1/2 hours. Going no less then 80mph of course :D

I am probably coming that thursday(the 8th), so if anyone wants to meet up on the trip, let me know. I should be able to find it without a problem.

...lol, in case i get lost for some reason on street level, my cousin only lives about 3 blocks away, but I should be good to go.
    edited November 2003
    Holy sh!t bojingles....I vacation practically balls on where you live like twice a year since I was born.....I'm 21. Where do you live up there? BTW we stay at Upper Herring Lake...and hang out in Frankfort and the surrounding areas.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2003
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    ;D;D
    edited November 2003
    lol

:Pwned:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Alright... so when is a good time to get there? Seems like a lot of peeps are going on the 8th, but I can't leave on the 8th - not only do I have to work, but it's my birthday, so I have to spend my free time that day with my girlfriend... so I was planning on driving up on the 9th, as early as we can leave. It's a 5 hour drive from Cincinnati. Straight up 75, yo.
    edited November 2003
    After school on Friday which ends at 1 for me. Nto sure about everyone else. But it will take like 4 hours from Columbus.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Cool. We might be headed up around the same time. Maybe we can meet at a rest stop and caravan or something!
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited November 2003
    McBain had this to say
    Holy sh!t bojingles....I vacation practically balls on where you live like twice a year since I was born.....I'm 21. Where do you live up there? BTW we stay at Upper Herring Lake...and hang out in Frankfort and the surrounding areas.

Sweet! I live next to Onekama (between manistee and frankfort)

Yea, I rode my dirtbike around herring lake this summer on one of my two tracking/seasonal road rides. I started at my house and then rode along lake michigan, then once I hit arcadia, I swung out to the east into the hills, and then down to the lake.

I put onekama in the map thing but it mapped me going through ludington and onto 31, so i punched in kaleva to show the way I actually go(starting on 10).

Give me a holla when you get up this way again!
    edited November 2003
    My wife and I went through Kaleva last november, just to see it (She's part Finnish)...

Lotsa finns around there.