Driving Directions

13»

Comments

• McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited November 2003
    mr_bojingles3264 had this to say

Sweet! I live next to Onekama (between manistee and frankfort)

Yea, I rode my dirtbike around herring lake this summer on one of my two tracking/seasonal road rides. I started at my house and then rode along lake michigan, then once I hit arcadia, I swung out to the east into the hills, and then down to the lake.

I put onekama in the map thing but it mapped me going through ludington and onto 31, so i punched in kaleva to show the way I actually go(starting on 10).

Give me a holla when you get up this way again!

Wow....small world comes to mind. I remember EVERY damn time I go through Onekama I have trouble with the name....I feel like an idiot....my pops laughs at me every time. I always say it like this ....OOOO-KNEEEE-COMMA! I know how to really say it....but it just never comes out right:banghead:

Anywho....I'll pm you next time I come up there...doubt it will be until next summer tho...too frickin cold.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    seeing all the different yahoo maps makes me want to post mine too, heer u go

if anyone on the same route, we can meet up, i doubt it.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Here's mine :D
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    /hates you...

next time I'm hosting at my house! :D
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2003
    Me and my friend will probably be leaving on the 8th at around 7:00 p.m it will take 15hours to drive so we will be getting into detroit around 11:00 a.m on the 9th so that will give us enough time to stop and rest, eat, piss, etc...
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Hmmm... Mapquest has me going 632 miles, Yahoo has me going 671 miles, through Canada along the way. 40 extra miles *plus* border stops? That's just silly.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I have to go through Canada too, apparently its a lot quicker cause I'm coming from NH....damn borders...hope they let me in the country

"sorry sir, we can tell you are far too l33t to enter our country"
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited November 2003
    McBain had this to say
    Wow....small world comes to mind. I remember EVERY damn time I go through Onekama I have trouble with the name....I feel like an idiot....my pops laughs at me every time. I always say it like this ....OOOO-KNEEEE-COMMA! I know how to really say it....but it just never comes out right:banghead:

Anywho....I'll pm you next time I come up there...doubt it will be until next summer tho...too frickin cold.

Its actually quite funny when all of the tourists roll through in the summer because you'll be at the gas station and they'll ask the cashier what the name of the town is...then they of course try to say it for the first time ;D

The easiest way to remember is 1, (one commma) and you can buy a shirt at the gas station with "1," on the front so you'll never forget how to say it. :D

So if anyone ever comes through onekama, here is the way to pronounce it so you don't sound like a noob...

onekama= o-neck-comma

But it is frickin cold right now...actually there is a little snow on the ground, which reminds me I should bring in some more wood soon...gotta keep warm ;)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Here's my trek... A bit over 5 hours.