Internal USB

2»

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2007
    YAD's absolutely correct a USB card is far better then a hub. But the reality comes down to what devices your attaching to it.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited February 2007
    It's not even a USB card. I'm talking about one of those host headers that come with motherboards, like mine. Provides two ports that plug right into the 9-pin on the board. Those are headers. Replicator cards are double-awesome, but they eat a valuable PCI port. If the board's got spare headers, use'em. Don't sacrifice a PCI port for 4-6 ports that you could get for spending 9 bucks at Altex/Fry's and save that golden PCI port for something valuable, like a Surveillance card so you can watch the neighbour's wife take a shower in the evening. And by that, I mean provide free surveillance to prevent burglary! Because we all know, those hot thirty-something single mothers are prone to people breaking in. Easy targets and that. You shouldn't do bad things! No! Do good things. Leave the bad to m--The bad people...er..I give up.
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited February 2007
    I had the pins in my MB...but when I was looking for the fix it was going to cost somewhere around 15 you said and i got the hub for 6 shipped....so it just came down to $$$...and what I was using it for!
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited February 2007
    I'm just saying using what you have versus replicating and creating a bottleneck is no contest. Wide bus is better than Long bus. If you can, or you scavenge a case with USB headers, you'll get better performance off the host than with a hub. I'm not sayin' your wrong brother. Just saying Wide is better if you can.
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited February 2007
    I like 6 cases...lol...all semi working...just stacked in the basement....lol...I get your drift and agree but didnt have the $$ to do it the right way I guess so just went w/ the cheap way....

I do appreciate the past offers and when the $$$ is right I will take you up on it...Thx again!