YAD needs a case.

Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
edited June 2007 in Hardware
The Xclio case I have now is a shell of it's former self, as it's inadequacies have become apparent. The side 25CM fan was removed due to it actually dying, and I've cut away some of the metal around the hard drive tray to make the front fan ACTUALLY do it's job, but it still fails as it has almost 75% dead zone.

In short, I'm tired of normal cases, and I'm tired of their shortcomings. I want a custom case cut. Mountain wants way to much for a design I won't even touch with stolen genitalia, and I may be an artist but I doubt I could design something they could create under 500 dollars. I need a simple case made, preferably out of 1.0secc steel or better, or a steel frame and removable Acrylic panels. I'd like a horizontal motherboard tray, and room for at least six hard drives, and two optical devices, and preferably a means to mount a handle, or apply straps to it.

You guys got any ideas?

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I don't know which model of Xclio you have. Looking at some pics on the internet, it struck me that those I saw did not appear to have adequate exhaust airflow considering the apparent high air intake. Whenever I purchase a case, before I install components, I cut out the honeycomb grills at the fan openings. They can significantly inhibit airflow.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, I've got the A CS-380, or whatever medley of numbers that is. I liked the idea of the 25cm fans, but they suck. They have too much deadzone.