My first Wacom Tablet Color-in :D

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited November 2003 in Internet & Media
YAY! I should have taken my time, but I had it drawn within 3 minutes, and another 2 minutes to retrace with my sharpie, then some pantone colors and colored it in with my Wacom Tablet ;)

My next few should be much nicer.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Sweet!
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited November 2003
    HOW ON EARTH do you use that tablet?

I've got a 12x18" Intuos II serial tablet. I've had it for two years, used it twice. (I don't do much photoshop work) but even when I try to use it, I can't... I have no point of reference for placement of the pen... so I can't draw worth sh!t with it.
  • edited November 2003
    HOW ON EARTH do you use that tablet?

Same question, same reason.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Well I have a Graphire 3 tablet, it has like 512levels of sensitivity, and all I do for placement is hover my Stylus a couple millimeters above the surface(not touching) to find where I want to place it. The harder I press I darker the color I get from what I choose on my pallet in Photoshop. Or actually it goes UP TO the level of color I choose.

It is great for those highlights, I only used 2 colors or the above painting, it is great for those highlights and creating a more realistic look to your work becuase of the varying levels of luma in the color.

This is pretty much my first actual time of use with this tablet or any tablet. You need to goto your brushes window and have it set to "Pencil Pressure" or something.

I just looked it up and I see that in it, for Shape Dynamics and Color Dynamics and others too, in the "Control" pulldown, you select "Pen Pressure" and it does the work for ya. :)
    edited November 2003
    but how do you figure out where you want to place it? I just don't get it... if I don't see a line coming from my writing implement, it's real difficult for me to draw with it.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    The tablet acts as your Mouse, so naturally it will move the mouse as you hover your stylus above it's surface.

On my tablet it is keyed in on my monitor or something, I don't know the term. Basically, if I put my stylus at the botton right corner of my Tablet, my mouse instantly moves to the bottom right hand corner of my screen. It is kinda annoying at first, but I got used to it real quick too.

You can easily use this tablet and pen as your mouse, it is VERY accurate, but takes a while to get used to, so I am still using my MX700 mouse of course( I did pay for it hehe).
    edited November 2003
    Yeah... the Intuos2 has the same thing. I dunno... it's just that if I don't see the pen itself drawing on a sheet of paper, it's damn near impossible to use. drawing on a tablet on my lap while watching a monitor in front of me is not easy for me. But then, I've used it for <2hrs in the 2 years I've had it, so it could just be that I'm not used to it.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I have noticed that many people are not very accurate in their paintings... they stray out of the path. Being that the LineArt layer is pure black only with the white space being transparent, painting on a blank layer below the LineArt layer.

So when I strayout of bounds, I would simply use my eraser, which I did not do in the picture above, cuase I was lazy.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I decided to try something new :)
  • QCumberQCumber Edmonton AB Canada
    edited November 2003
    Jeez. I'm reading this thread and suddenly hating my poor old Wacom Graphire tablet. Methinks I'm due for an upgrade.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Well I am using a Graphire 3, it is the smallest cheapest version too.
  • QCumberQCumber Edmonton AB Canada
    edited November 2003
    Mine is the original Graphire. It's good enough for most of the Photoshop retouching I do, though, so I can't really complain.