SMP Folding Problems

edited June 2007 in Folding@Home
I tried to boot up folding smp on the pentium D comp, and installed and followed all directions. Now whenever it tries to download something it say "core bundle error" and the download fails. Any hints?

Comments

• FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2007
    You ran the install.bat file in the main SMP folder right?

~FA
  • edited June 2007
    when i try it it says

"The system cannot execute the specified program
    The system cannot execute the specified program
    The system cannot execute the specified program
    press any key to continue - - -"

And upon pressing the button, the dos prompt closes.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Do you have the latest Microsoft .net Framework installed? Windows SMP Folding will not run without it.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited June 2007
    What operating system are you running?
  • edited June 2007
    Running xp media center on this particular box, dl'ed the new framework, now it says that to use it, I have to have a password on my username, which I don't want, any way to get around that?
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited June 2007
    Nope the MPI.exe has to be running in a passworded account.
  • edited June 2007
    Fixed it, thanks a lot guys.
  • edited June 2007
    Okay....could someone give me a quick runthrough on using two instances of folding...this isn't working that great at all, and maybe that will work better.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    For running two installs just create two folders and place the console program in each. When you configure you must give the second one a number other than "1".

The SMP work units are a real bear. They can load a machine and make it work very hard. But the points are great.
  • edited June 2007
    Okay....I've got the SMP redone on the Pentium D, but it only uses 80% or so of my cpu..what gives. Also, the programs that re using the most cpu are csrss.exe and mpiexec.exe, are these the right programs or have I done something completely wrong?
    edited June 2007
    should be 4 instances of fah core exe running at approx 25% each so unfortunately it looks borked, have you got any progress showing in fahlog.txt?
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Spike is right, there should be four of the fahcore exe's running.

Open task manager by right clicking on the tool bar. Watch it for a while. The csrss is from you opening task manager.
    Both of my machines show 99-100% usage.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    could someone give me a quick runthrough on using two instances of folding
    With SMP, you shouldn't run two instances. A single instance of Folding SMP will you use all available computing power from both cores on a dual core CPU.
  • edited June 2007
    I was referring to non SMP folding, but I've got it working now...really sucks cuz I can't get SMP working right.
    edited June 2007
    Symptoms reported above remind me of one problem on the FCF did you try and install the SMP client as a service? Or is another instance running in the background?