The final day

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited June 2007 in Community
Well, first fatcat took off an then drasnor made it to his flight safely. Prime dropped isea off in Toronto, and Ryder took Kwitko & Cyclonite to the airport. It's down to Blackhawk and I watching Gargoyle play Rayman Ravin Rabbids on the Wii. Both are now convinced of the necessity of purchasing a Wii. :D

I'm leavin' with Garg at 4pm, and BH leaves in the morning while I head back to work. Aaaaalll over :(

Comments

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    My flight got cancelled. I'm looking for your phone numbers in the Flight Info thread and IRC because it looks like I'm going to be stuck in Detroit overnight.

-drasnor :fold:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    prime had to drive all the way to Toronto? Holy crap!

Good luck, dras! You're due for a decent flight now. Jeez.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Bummer Dras. Did they give you a hotel/spending allowance? At O'Hare yesterday, they were offering $250 plus a hotel room to anyone who'd volunteer to get bumped. If you get auto-bumped, they should at least give you that deal plus more.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited June 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    prime had to drive all the way to Toronto? Holy crap!

Good luck, dras! You're due for a decent flight now. Jeez.
    What a perfect host is our primesuspect damn near 800KM round trip :bigggrin:

Holy carp just had a forum hiccup and it offered Me the opportunty to edit Ghoosdums post WTF
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Dras, that sucks. :(

I, in typical Kwitko fashion, left my Hacker shirt and camera battery charger behind. It's kind of my thing. I forget at least one item every year.

I'm downloading my pics to my camera right now. Managed to get in around 450 pics over the 5 days. Prime is going to set up some web space for me to upload them all.

I've got tons of great bible music, thank you BH and fatcat. Cyclonite, thanks for taking all our cash in Hold 'Em. Q, thanks for arranging some great gaming. It was fun even for a non-gamer like myself. I have to say, HL2 is fun as hell. Those free-for-all levels were a blast. Nothing like getting pwned by a flying toilet.

Thrax, thanks for h4x0ring my phone. Ryder, thanks for not crashing at the airport. Sledge, thanks for being Sledge. TBH, you're a fun dude to hang with, even though you still won't let me beat you up [{("even though I really couldn't")}]. Your free Asus laptop rocks, too. Jared, you're a great tentmate, in spite of the 4AM drunk dials from your ex-girlfriend. Fatcat, thanks for being the smoking car. Cruising down the highway at 102 with a smoke is quite enjoyable. Garg, I thought you were nothing but a geeky nerd with a wise mouth. Now I *know* you're a geeky nerd with a wise mouth. Sharkydart, I'm glad I was able to kill you once during UT, it was the high point of my trip. BuddyJ, keep rollin' strong on your steel 13s, yo.

To anyone I might have forgotten, it's only from lack of sleep. Too many good memories. moar beer plz kthx.

--Dixie Normous
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Brian just dropped off isea in Windsor (right across the border, 20min) not all the way to Toronto ;)

Dras is back at IC HQ safely with Blackhawk, both awaiting their morning flights. Garg successfully departed this time :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Border crossings suck
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    rawk.jpg
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Wow, that is one disgusting photo.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Fatcat, thanks for being the smoking car. Cruising down the highway at 102mph with a smoke is quite enjoyable.

Your most welcome Kwitko! Next year we'll go for 110mph or faster!

OK BIG THANKS SPEACH...
    Prime and Keebs, thank you for letting me live at IcronticHQ for 9 days, I had a blast hanging out with ya guys! Prime bought half of my crap I brought, and Keebs didnt yell at me too much when I was watching him code;)
    RyderOCZ thanks for the great info on OCZ, the generous "donations" and for just being a blast to hang out with. (Even though I got no so-dimms lol)
    FreshyP and MasterbuilderK...you 2 are the coolest kids!
    Sledge...TBH..you're a pretty cool guy, even though you try to pick up every waitress ;D
    Thrax and Jared...
    you guys just rock!
    It was nice to finally meet the famous Thrax! Jared...most excellent beer drinking.
    QCH..THANK YOU FOR RUNNING THE GAMES/TICKETS/ETC...your hard work was much appreciated! oh and also " I HAVE TEH POWER!
    CB and GH...the duct tape challenge was great...I'm definetly in next year!
    BLACKHAWK...thanks for kicking my ass in Wii baseball multiple times!..and the puerto rican bible music:thumbsup:
    CYCLONITE...you 8800, poker,hl2dm server op,drinking etc etc winner..It was a great pleasure meeting ya.
    miraclemanS...boy can you drink...i dont think you were sober...ever! ;D
    Dog & Red Dragon...great pleasure to meet ya. Thanks for the buying my laptop Red and DOG...I must admit you kicked even my ass in drinking...181 proof rum FTL!
    Profdlp..I am glad I got to meet you. Thank you for coming even if it was brief!
    TequillaSunrise...3 beers and a glass of water...whats with the Greeks?!?;D
    Garg..nice to meet you also...sorry about your flight...but hey..you just needed another day of drinking right;)
    Snuffie...well..what can ya say....
    To the others that I didnt get to talk to much...IT WAS A GREAT PLEASURE MEETING YOU ALL! BEST LAN EVAR!

oh, and I HAS A XBOX360! :celebrate
  • ins4n17yins4n17y Cabanatuan City, Philippines Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    Brian just dropped off isea in Windsor (right across the border, 20min) not all the way to Toronto ;)

Dras is back at IC HQ safely with Blackhawk, both awaiting their morning flights. Garg successfully departed this time :)

actually, primesuspect brought me over to a girls house in Windsor, not too far from the ambassador bridge so thanks to keebs for clearing that up. i would never make anyone drive me to toronto lol....primesuspect i thank you for the lift you game me and you were an awesome host. i had ordered a greyhound bus ticket to toronto online in the morning that day and had holly drive me to the bus station after i took a look at her laptop and have her cook for me. from there i got to toronto and i got home around midnight :)