Updating Drivers

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited June 2007 in Hardware
OK I am attempting to update my drivers for my laptop, but it's a couple years old now and the drivers on the Asus site are all from 2005... time to update IMHO. So windows auto detected most of them, and some are unknown's, I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what specifically to get becuase of this. Before I just used the CD that came with the laptop for everything but the graphics card.

Any ideas to help me out? I am more used to desktops where I know exactly what I have in the system.

PS I meant to put this in the proper forum :P

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    it's a couple years old now and the drivers on the Asus site are all from 2005
    Then perhaps the latest drivers from 2005 are in fact the latest available. I don't think drivers for laptops and off-the-shelf desktops are updated as often as they are for standalone, high quality motherboards.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Well I figured there would be some common drivers like for Bluetooth, TV card, and others that are not specific to this laptop, like the NIC drivers or even the chipset, which I got already of course, example: The NIC drivers shown on the site are from 2005/6 and it's a Realtek 8139 which of course has much more recent drivers out. Same for the Intel 2200BG Wireless NIC, the X700 Radeon, and ACPI and others.

Just figured someone here knew a program that could do this that doesn't install adware and junk like I suspect many of the supposed programs I found with googlel.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Unknowndevices.