Keebler's X squad!

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited October 2007 in Folding@Home
Each person on the team staff watches 4 rigs to make sure they're goin' alright, as we have for the past 8 months or so. I resigned from the Committee a little bit ago to focus on the site, but I elected to keep watching my rigs anyway, because I do believe I have the best group of 'em out there. :cool:

SM21, SM22, SM23_Keith_Whitsitt, and SM_24 are my charges, hosted by fatcat, keto, TBonZ, and Buddy J respectively (and Buddy J is a total n00b for adding the space-turned-underscore to the rig's name, while we're on the subject :p )

I am here to brag that, in the last 6 months, my guys cumulatively had only one hiccup (3 weeks) that was quickly reversed after a reminder. SM23 alone pulled out 4,569 last week due to some, ahem, modifications by Mr. TBonZ. :D

Bring it, you puny other squads! :rarr:

Keebler's guide to squad-taunting:
  • Kwitko's squad is 1-4
  • Leo:5-8
  • TT: 9-12
  • GH: 13-16
  • Q:17-20
  • Keebs: 21-24
  • Goat: 25, 26, 28 & 32 (selected by dartboard, I think)
  • csimon: 27 & 29-31
  • Sledge: 33-36
I've outted you all now! :rarr::rockon:

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    YO... we have some competition from the SMx Rigs!!! :D
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    OMG I have the greatest staff member watching SM21!!!!

Keebs...keep an eye on me...Soon SM21 will regain the #1 spot of SMx/ICx machines!!!!

Hint: Can u say quad core....comon its easy....QUUUUUUAAAAAADDDDDD COOOOOOOOOORRRRRE!!!

;D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    fatcat6 wrote:
    Soon SM21 will regain the #1 spot of SMx/ICx machines!!!!
    Hellllllll yeah. :rockon:
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    I'm only aprox ~19k behind SM27 and its HT p4 whateverness....

oh I'm so happy the competition is back...:cheers:
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    Bring it, you puny other squads! :rarr:

Keebler's guide to squad-taunting:
    • Kwitko's squad is 1-4
    • Leo:5-8
    • TT: 9-12
    • GH: 13-16
    • Q:17-20
    • Keebs: 21-24
    • Goat: 25, 26, 28 & 32 (selected by dartboard, I think)
    • csimon: 27 & 29-31
    • Sledge: 33-36
    I've outted you all now! :rarr::rockon:

grrrrrr

I just finished a massive sell-off of old machine parts on Amazon, and have plenty of leftovers. I'll be contacting my guys tomorrow.

Bring it indeed. :rarr:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Icrontic(underscore)11 remains the sexiest rig of them all. I will bask in the glow from its vodka bottle even while getting passed by young whippersnapper rigs.

That said, team members are encouraged to donate a Core 2 Duo that I can bask in, instead :D

Edit:
    One thing I meant to mention a while ago that I might as well post here: I noticed that some of the motherboard capacitors are starting to swell. It's still completely stable right now, but I suppose one day the mobo will need to be replaced, which will probably be the time to turn it into a cheap dual core or something.
    edited July 2007
    Garg is busy flaunting his non-standard underscore AND derailing my thread with a single post, I see :grumble:

/me kicks Garg in shins and flees
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Somehow I feel that I wound up with the greasy end of the stick on this rig-watching squad thing. :-/
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    I'm *sure* to win with the oldest of the rigs under my command, one of which isn't even producing anymore.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Kwitko wrote:
    I'm *sure* to win with the oldest of the rigs under my command, one of which isn't even producing anymore.

I've got one that's not plugged in... :-P
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Well Untill I get SM33 back up and going properly, this new T7500 Core 2 Duo should fill her shoes :)
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Yay! I'm a member of the X_Squad!

/me represents!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    Garg is busy flaunting his non-standard underscore AND derailing my thread with a single post, I see :grumble:

* Keebler kicks Garg in shins and flees

[me]* Gargoyle jumps up and down, holding shin[/me]
    [me]* Gargoyle begins readying patented _underscore counterattack...[/me]
    edited July 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I wound up with the greasy end of the stick on this rig-watching squad thing. :-/
    Kwitko wrote:
    I've got one that's not plugged in... :-P
    Oh noes :sad2:

[me]* Keebler goes looking for a violin[/me]

violin.gif
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    Oh noes :sad2:

[me]* Keebler goes looking for a violin[/me]

violin.gif

Honoez is right. My rigs are first in line for upgrades. Representin' Cizzle 2 Dizzles and Pizzle Sizzle Thrizzles in da 0-8, yo!
    edited July 2007
    Kwitko wrote:
    Honoez is right. My rigs are first in line for upgrades. Representin' Cizzle 2 Dizzles and Pizzle Sizzle Thrizzles in da 0-8, yo!

Dey still foldin' ya'll! Keep rollin dem 13s!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Fo' sho' playas. Dey got dat class dat make 'em fas'! It's time ta bling in da new year, wha' wha'!
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    X squad. I like it, haha!
    fatcat6 wrote:
    Keebs...keep an eye on me...Soon SM21 will regain the #1 spot of SMx/ICx machines!!!!

We'll see about that partner. :bigggrin:
    edited July 2007
    Holy dead thread!

Do we still have a page set up tracking only ICx/SMx rigs? I believe Shwaip had one going a while back.
    edited July 2007
    The SMx Committee is working on an AWESOME plan to totally BOOST the SMx point output. There will be less rigs out there but those out there will be AWESOME.

Stay Tuned!!!
    edited July 2007
    TBonZ wrote:
    Do we still have a page set up tracking only ICx/SMx rigs? I believe Shwaip had one going a while back.
    No, I'm afraid that went dead a long time ago. There's a solution on my to-do list, but it has a few big things ahead of it.
    edited July 2007
    Keebler wrote:
    No, I'm afraid that went dead a long time ago. There's a solution on my to-do list, but it has a few big things ahead of it.

Very good sir. Maybe we can smack around some other heads and get something coded ahead of time? Teamies?

Ok, ok, in approx. 10 minutes SM23 will again be overclocked, but, not with 3800+, Oh no, SM23 is now sporting a 4600+ X2. I also upgraded a new cooler, case and topped it with 2GB of OZC DDR2 800MHz Gold REV.2 RAM. One last step before this WU gets submitted and I'm ramping up.

The 4600+ runs about 9 degrees hotter though then the 3800+, much to my disappointment but really not unexpected. I'm hoping Thrax will give me a crash course in what I need to re-lap my HS, I hear you can get up to a -10 degree reduction. :wink: Nonetheless, with the stock clock, I'm getting an 10 minute reduction in frame times over the former CPU, I'm hoping I can make it at least an 18m reduction. Once sept comes and it cools down, we'll see about 22mins.

Loosely translated - One member of the X-Squad calling the rest of you out. That includes you FatCat, Keto and Buddy J.

And one other thing, SM23 will be going quad too. I'm looking to start leading you lot. Donut, you better be looking in that rearview buddy.
    edited July 2007
    :wow:

Ah my...
    edited August 2007
    SM_24 doesn't care. Hot rod PCs come and go, but her dual processors keep rocking their 1.3ghz. Surely you can pass my little linux box in less than the 5 weeks it's currently estimating.
    edited August 2007
    Surely you can pass my little linux box in less than the 5 weeks it's currently estimating.

Surely that's a challenge! Yes sir, I think that will be done. :D

Note - I'm stuck at stock clock for the time being, but there is still a nice frame time boost even over the 3800+
    edited August 2007
    TBonZ wrote:
    Surely that's a challenge! Yes sir, I think that will be done. :D

And done it will be! Currently, only 170 pts separate us and that means the overtake duration has been reduced to a mere 11 days.

Up next is IC2, 4, 11 & SM21, respectively.
    edited August 2007
    Well done sir. Way to close the gap! Kudos!
    edited August 2007
    :rockon:
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited August 2007
    W00t. Keep the Wu's crunching.
    edited October 2007
    21, 23, and 24 are rawkin' out as usual :rockon:

22 was retired, so X Squad -1 for now. :-/ Cheers to Keto for the years of support and graceful exit, though :cheers2: