What a difference a case makes...

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited February 2008 in Hardware
BEFORE:
attachment.php?attachmentid=23726&d=1186461486

AFTER:
attachment.php?attachmentid=23746&stc=1&d=1186557675

YES, I changed CPUS from an E6400 to a 6420; no this one did not run any colder aside from having equal core temps.

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    case pics of GTFO
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    You are giving very little information. What case did you have, what case do you have now?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Gigabyte Aurora, Antec 900.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    yep that Antec 900 series case is one bad mofo...

you run the fans on low/med/hi thraxy?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Medium.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Can you replace the fans with some less bright, self adjusting fans fairly easy? Or do you have to dig in to get to them?
  • edited August 2007
    i been battling with the wife to let me get an antec900 that I found at frys.com on sale for $78, once she gave in, the darn price was back up to $120. I want one of those babies.
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited September 2007
    I have 2 antec 900's I love them.
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited September 2007
    I got me's an Antec 900 a few weeks ago.

3 x stock 120mm fans on low, 200mm fan on high, Noctua 120mm fan mounted on side window aimed at GFX on medium.

Temps low all round and I now have quiet after using a Lian Li PC61 case for almost three years with four noisy 80mm fans, Pabst & Zalman.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Antec definitely has some good cases out. I have a P180B and absolutely love it. It's stylish, cool, and quiet.
  • edited February 2008
    Does the ultra 120 extreme fit in the case allowing the side panel to go back on ? The Antec 900 that is.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited February 2008
    It shouldn't be a problem. I have it in a smaller case than that.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I sit around 90F with my 3D Aurora with stock cooling solutions. I've never had an overheating problem, despite the 8800GTX being hot enough to bake cookies on some times.

I thought about the Antec 900 when I built this system, but the mass popularity of the 900, the build quality and the sheer beauty of the 3D Aurora won me over.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited February 2008
    mas0n wrote:
    Antec definitely has some good cases out. I have a P180B and absolutely love it. It's stylish, cool, and quiet.

You got htat right mas0n. For extra emphasis on quiet, I replaced the casefans with nexus silent fans. Then I realized that the casefans had low/med/high switches, then I felt stupid, but still great case. Much better than my rosewill case.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Ya I got the white P180 and am very happy with it. Cold rolled steel is so much nicer than these sharp aluminum cases. It does make the case hella heavy for LAN's though.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I replaced the casefans with nexus silent fans. Then I realized that the casefans had low/med/high switches, then I felt stupid
    Trust me, worse things can happen! :)

If you'd like to unload those Antec case fans, PM me. I'm sure we could make a deal.