2nd time with 7600 GT, more problems

edited August 2007 in Hardware
My first EVGA 7600 GT didn't work when I installed the Nvidia drivers for it (it crashed the computer). This one works but there is a visual defect that I'm noticing on the Windows desktop background and some pictures. There will be a bunch of pixels that flash green. I can move something in front of the picture or graphic and it will stop but those same pixels are always flashing. My GPU's temp is 47 degrees celsius and I'm not even doing anything to stress it (I'm just browsing the web). What on earth could this be? Should I RMA a second time? Or is there any way to get a refund from newegg for this troublesome video card?

Thanks,

-sheep

P.S. This only happens in Windows that I know of. Ubuntu seems unaffected. I should also note that at 1024x768 resolution, there appears to be no defect (my default resolution is 1680x1050)

EDIT: Just ran Aquamark3 and there are absolutely no signs of this defect. Even on this current webpage, there are no signs. However, on the windows background and on some images online, there are defects. That is quite strange. :S

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Wwell if you buy a new card you should not have to worry about issues like that at all. But it is wired it only happens with windows background...

Have you tried removing the drivers and reinstalling them? if so what drivers are you using currently?
  • edited August 2007
    Wwell if you buy a new card you should not have to worry about issues like that at all. But it is wired it only happens with windows background...

Have you tried removing the drivers and reinstalling them? if so what drivers are you using currently?

Nope haven't tried any of that because it hasn't happened anymore. It happened for a while (even after restart) and now it just doesn't do it anymore. Not that I'm complaining but :confused: