Need a specific monitor resolution

skywalker45skywalker45 Bloomington, IN. USA
edited August 2007 in Hardware
Hi Guys! Sorry I've been away for awhile but we've been positively swamped at work. We're working on a project and I'm posting here to see if anyone has some insight. We're running our software application under Red Hat 9. We need to output a real time screen image to a monitor in 1920 X 1080i resolution (HD). No problem finding video cards that support it BUT finding off the shelf widescreen monitors that will do it is posing a problem. So far we've tried Dell and Samsung 24" widescreens that support, apparently, only 1920 X 1200 and will NOT do 1080i. Anyone with any suggestions? It would be most appreciated. Once I get this solved maybe I can get back to helping everyone in the SVT forum.

Thanks,
skywalker

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    you could try a tv monitor, instead.
  • skywalker45skywalker45 Bloomington, IN. USA
    edited August 2007
    shwaip wrote:
    you could try a tv monitor, instead.

Hi Shwaip! We're trying to stay away from that due to costs obviously -- Also need to try to keep the monitor size to 24"
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    No pure monitor will do 1080i. Pure monitors are all progressive, and will not produce an interlaced picture. You're going to need a TV monitor.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Hi Shwaip! We're trying to stay away from that due to costs obviously -- Also need to try to keep the monitor size to 24"

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889112008

I'd be surprised if you couldn't find an lcd tv monitor that does 1080i for less than a 24" samsung.
    edited August 2007
    Thanks for the responses guys. We managed to get a 24" Dell to work. It has a cinema setting that allows you to crop the top and bottom by 60 pixels each without horizontally squashing the picture. So it will display 1080p and we're using a scan converter for 1080i. Thanks for all the suggestions and time.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    We managed to get a 24" Dell to work.
    When you are done with your development work and no longer need the 24" Dell, please PM me and you can ship it to me instead of throwing it out.
    edited August 2007
    No problem Leo, that is if you can pry it out of my hands.:bigggrin: