Probs with X700

edited August 2007 in Hardware
So I updated the drivers on my X700, due to some probs I've been having when playing games. The game will run fine for some time, then the screen will go black for 10secs or so, then it will begin working again. Well, it just did it again, but this time it's like my video drivers are not functioning at all (safe crappy refresh rate similar to running w/o drivers installed). Any suggestions before I just throw in a spare vid card?

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Any help would be appreciated
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Looks like one of two things:

1) card is on it's way to silicon-PCB-solder heaven, just not there yet
    2) your drivers somehow got corrupted - power spike, improper shutdown...

Before you give up on the card, uninstall the drivers completely, run RegScrubXP (freeware) to ensure all traces are gone, and reinstall the latest for the card. Also check the card's security in it's slot. Is it loose at all? Is there dust in the AGP slot? Clean the contact of the card with a clean, lint-free cloth.

It's remotely possible that the card is not receiving adequate voltage from the motherboard, but I really doubt that's the problem in this case.

Are there any other computer problems that have cropped up recently? Any error messages, boot problems, shut down problems, application crashes?
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Also check your power supply connection... it could be faulty or dying also