Strange prob with driver/network card

edited August 2007 in Hardware
Okay, I have a dlink pci card that I am using for my wifi and a 6600gt pciex for a gfx card. Once I download the display drivers, my wireless drivers stop working shortly afterwards. If I install display first then wifi second, still works for a couple minutes then it stops working as well. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before?

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Truly weird. No, I've not heard of that before. I can't even guess at troubleshooting. If it were my system. I would completely uninstall the drivers and the devices in Control Panel. I'd then start again fresh. If still the same problem, I'd be looking for different driver versions. You probably will not find more than one driver version for the D-Link card. Are you using the drivers from the manufacturers' CDs for those two devices? They may not always be the latest drivers, but usually those drivers are the best to start with.
  • edited August 2007
    I can't find the CD for the Video Card, but I'm using the drivers that dlink include in their cd...I have attempted to use about six versions of the Nvidia Forceware display drivers for XP/2000. This is really frustrating.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited August 2007
    Whats the model and revision ?. (The chipset manufacturer's drivers might work)
    edited August 2007
    The chipset manufacturer's drivers might work
    We are talking about display and wireless network connection drivers? I don't get it. "Chipset?" Which chipset?
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited August 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    We are talking about display and wireless network connection drivers? I don't get it. "Chipset?" Which chipset?

The manufactuer of the wifi chipset example broadcom, atheros, intel.
    edited August 2007
    OHHH, OK. You are way ahead of me on this one! I thought you were referring to the motherboard chipset, and was thinking to myself, "what the heck would that have to do with this?"

Cambrose hasn't checked back in, so you might as well educate me. Why are you asking about the wireless card's chipsets? Are you considering chipset-specific drivers for him?