BSOD screen ...HELP!

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited August 2007 in Hardware
Everytime I boot now I get BSOD unless I go safe mode ...I have video drivers uninstalled now but it still happens.

Where do I start?
Nevermind ...I was overheating.

Thanks
csimon

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Nevermind ...I was overheating.
    My first guess would have been PSU, second guess - heat, third guess - memory.

OK, do tell please. What was causing the puter to overheat that quickly? Your computer wasn't that dirty, was it? ;D
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Nope ...I had taken some advice from someone at the abit forum and turned up my NB1.8v to 2.0v and my HTV1.2v to 1.4v. Got hot and unstable. If I lived in a cooler climate it could possibly work but not here. The only difference it made was that I could boot to a higher clock. No biggy since I have to overclock using software anyway from inside the OS.
    So ...I went back to my typical setting and all is well.
    One of the nice features of this mobo is that I can store clock settings and revert back to any one of them while experimenting. Pretty darn cool!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    I have to overclock using software anyway from inside the OS
    Why can't you overclock manually from the BIOS? I've tried two different overclocking software programs, one each with different motherboards I had. The both worked but were quite mediocre compared with good old BIOS tweaking.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Why can't you overclock manually from the BIOS? I've tried two different overclocking software programs, one each with different motherboards I had. The both worked but were quite mediocre compared with good old BIOS tweaking.
    because the motherboard is lame! LOL
    Actually that's the whole point I was getting at. If I raise those settings I can boot to 300x9 and no farther but oc the rest of the way to 2.8 in uguru.
    If I dont raise those setting I can only boot to 264x9 ...and I still have to use uguru once inside the OS.
    So what difference does it make if I boot to 300 or 264 if I have to get the rest of the way there by uguru? And ...if I have to reboot I have to go back to the boot frequencey or it is unstable. It will reboot at the overclocked speed it just wont be stable when it does. So the process is repeated each time I reboot. Thus I keep reboots to a minimum.