Please Help Can not connect to internet

edited August 2007 in Hardware
Pease SOneone Help ME.
I have a strange poblem to my computer. When I go to Internet in my mail it wont allow to write my UserID and I cannnot write any thing. It happens when one file Browseui.dll is corrupted . I repair that file and my computer is working but I cant write to my email ID box or I cant fill any form.

Please help me

Comments

• edited August 2007
    really very strange problem.
    can you type in notepad ?
    or it may be the problem with the browser. (give it a try with other browsers)
    If same result then it's problem with the OS
    I won't suggest you to Format and re-install.
    let's wait for some intelligent answers.
    :)
  • edited August 2007
    omiz wrote:
    really very strange problem.
    can you type in notepad ?
    or it may be the problem with the browser. (give it a try with other browsers)
    If same result then it's problem with the OS
    I won't suggest you to Format and re-install.
    let's wait for some intelligent answers.
    :)

Thanks for ur reply
    I can type in notepad and word but I can type in my email and other online site forms.Please help me.
  • edited August 2007
    Thanks for ur reply
    I can type in notepad and word but I can't type in my email and other online site forms.Please help me.
  • ThraxThrax ๐ŸŒ Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Please slow down and provide some more information:

What is in your computer?
    What operating system are you running?
    Do you patch regularly?
    Do you have security software?
    What browser and email client do you use?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Omiz, welcome to Icrontic Forums! I hope you find us to be an engaging, friendly community and I hope you wish to be part of it. You are off to a great start!

Professional, are you able to access the Internet on your computer at all? You wrote "internet in my mail." What about just clicking on the icon for your Internet browser (I assume Internet Explorer?)?

What operating system are you using, and what service pack? Firewall? Any Internet security software?
  • edited August 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Omiz, welcome to Icrontic Forums! I hope you find us to be an engaging, friendly community and I hope you wish to be part of it. You are off to a great start!

Professional, are you able to access the Internet on your computer at all? You wrote "internet in my mail." What about just clicking on the icon for your Internet browser (I assume Internet Explorer?)?

What operating system are you using, and what service pack? Firewall? Any Internet security software?
    Thanks Leonardo for the nice Welcome.
    Yes I'm hoping to be part of icrontic and share what i know and (know what i don't know). Thanks.
    professional please post your PC's details as mentioned by thrax

Do you have security software? (important don't miss this)
    What browser and email client do you use?(don't miss this too)
  • edited August 2007
    omiz wrote:
    Thanks Leonardo for the nice Welcome.
    Yes I'm hoping to be part of icrontic and share what i know and (know what i don't know). Thanks.
    professional please post your PC's details as mentioned by thrax

Do you have security software? (important don't miss this)
    What browser and email client do you use?(don't miss this too)

Thank you for your replies.
    I just bought a internet cafe and very little knowledge about spyware and other security level .
    I am using window XP SP2 and using Internet explorer browser. I have AVG anti Visrus and spyware software and nothing else. I download ccleaner and run clean and regestry option. It found some threat I removed it. Ater 2 -3 days . I could not see any icon in my windows and shows error message "BROWSUI.DLL missing". I restore that file and than update java application. After that the problem exits. I could access any online form or my email . I can type in notepad but IE dont allow me to fill any form or fill my id etc.
  • ThraxThrax ๐ŸŒ Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Go to START -> RUN and type the following exactly as you see it, then hit enter:

SFC /SCANNOW

Follow the onscreen instructions if it prompts you for anything.
  • edited August 2007
    Thrax wrote: ยป
    Go to START -> RUN and type the following exactly as you see it, then hit enter:

SFC /SCANNOW

Follow the onscreen instructions if it prompts you for anything.
    tahnks for reply. I done excactly what u sais. It asks for window cd to correct some .ddl in cache. I did what the instruction said with several time retry. After compition I restared the the comp but the problem is the same. I open google but it wont allow me to write anything.
  • edited August 2007
    Have you tried with other browsers like firefox etc ??
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2007
    I would suggest we quit messing around and trying to figure out exactly what this problem is. Just do a repair install. You could have several problems that are linking together and this is the symptom you are seeing, not the problem(s) itself.

Reboot with the windows XP cd in the drive. Don't hit 'r' for repair console and continue on like a normal install. When it gets to the point where it asks you where to install it it will see your existing installation and ask if you want to repair it instead. If you hit a screen talking about formating the drive you've missed it.
  • edited August 2007
    kryyst wrote:
    I would suggest we quit messing around and trying to figure out exactly what this problem is. Just do a repair install. You could have several problems that are linking together and this is the symptom you are seeing, not the problem(s) itself.

Reboot with the windows XP cd in the drive. Don't hit 'r' for repair console and continue on like a normal install. When it gets to the point where it asks you where to install it it will see your existing installation and ask if you want to repair it instead. If you hit a screen talking about formating the drive you've missed it.

Thank you every body. U guys are great and helpful. I installed new windows and the problem is solved. But that problem caused becoz my comp doest have any security sys. I would be pleased if someone help me how to protec my interner caffe from virus and malwares.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2007
    Install AVG anti-virus and spy-bot search and destroy on every machine. Then I would make a seperate proper user account for your machine that doesn't have administrative rights so no software can get installed. Next I would go into the policy editor and start locking down things for that user.
    edited August 2007
    If all the computers are the same brand and model at your Internet cafe, make a clone of the hard drive of the/a computer when it is fresh and "clean" of malware and viruses. When the next incident occurs on one of the machines, you simply have only to clone the hard drive of the affected computer back to it's clean state. Once you learn this process, it is completely effective and only takes a minimum of time.

Norton Ghost is excellent cloning software.
  • edited August 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    If all the computers are the same brand and model at your Internet cafe, make a clone of the hard drive of the/a computer when it is fresh and "clean" of malware and viruses. When the next incident occurs on one of the machines, you simply have only to clone the hard drive of the affected computer back to it's clean state. Once you learn this process, it is completely effective and only takes a minimum of time.

Norton Ghost is excellent cloning software.

Thank you for your replies. Actually I heard about cloning the hard drive. but I dont know how to do it . It is really a very good idea. I would be pleased if Someone tell me how to do or give me some link or tutorial. Thank you very much.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    AVG makes a decent security product, as kryyst mentions. Keep in mind, however, that as a business owner using the software for business purposes, you're unfortunately prevented by licensing agreement from using the free version.

I do recommend installing virus protection software, but as Leonardo recommends, once you figure out the workings of Norton Ghost or other cloning software, when something happens to a PC in the cafe, your best bet will probably be to simply reimage the machine rather than spending additional time futzing around trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Also, welcome to Icrontic! Thanks for choosing us.
    edited August 2007
    Thank you for your replies. Actually I heard about cloning the hard drive. but I dont know how to do it . It is really a very good idea. I would be pleased if Someone tell me how to do or give me some link or tutorial. Thank you very much.
    An explanation would be rather difficult to produce here in the forum posts. Your best bet is to do a Google search on "clone hard drive + how to" or a similar search string. You will need hands on practice as well. You can get Acronis imaging software (download) that comes with a 30-day trial. You can clone a hard drive either through a USB external enclosure or you can add the drive to be cloned inside an existing computer. It's really not a difficult procedure.

Anyway, for what you need to do - assuming a small Internet cafe with only a handful of computers, for cloning software, I recommend Norton Ghost and Acronis True Image. Both are excellent. For what you need, I would recommend Norton Ghost as the best.
  • edited August 2007
    thank you very much. I will work with this and get back to you soon.