Lap top battery = fried PLEASE HELP

TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
edited August 2007 in Hardware
Well first off id like to state that im sorry if this is not the right area to post this, it just seemed right..... feel free to move it.....

Ok......

Im having so many problems with this lap top, its terrible... it almost bran new, i got it for Christmas so its not even a year old. It had some major overheating problems that i have talked about on here before...

but I Bought a laptop chill pad, that has 2 fans and it def fixed the overheating.....

Everything was working fine it seemed, i could unplug my lap top and take it anywhere... I was watching movies with my laptop on my bed with my girlfriend.

then Last sunday I left for a week... i had band camp, As i was leaving i unplugged my lap top charger and I let my dad use it because his charger for his lappy is broke.... then i shut my computer off....... and I left. I got back home yesterday, and after i got all settled in, I went over to my lap top and tried turning it on and it wouldn't turn on. Then I went and got my charger and plugged it in and turned it on and it worked....... i figured maybe the battry was dead so i left it charge. About 5 hours later while my lap top is still on AC power (but supposably charging), i unplug the charger, and the computer just shuts off, it didn't even switch to battery.. and it still wouldn't turn on without the charger.

I noticed, when i go to my power meter it says "running on AC" and batter level = 0% even after charging it....

Im so confused, its like i leave for a week and my batter just self destructs..... Can anyone help me out here, tell me what might be going on?
I was thinking it could have been all the past over-heating that ruined it, but then it wouldn't have worked before i left.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    what brand laptop is it? if it is under a year old that sort of thing is covered under the warranty.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    warranty time
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2007
    remove the battery. Power it up on AC. Plug the battery back in, I've had a similar problem as you've described and sometimes it just needs to be bumped a little.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    kryyst wrote:
    remove the battery. Power it up on AC. Plug the battery back in, I've had a similar problem as you've described and sometimes it just needs to be bumped a little.

Quotes for emphasis. :)
  • TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    its an HP pavilliion dv9000 and less than a year old....

well i tried turning on my computer with AC and then putting in the battery but still no luck.... looks like im gonna have to go searching for the paperwork...:(
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Get online with their HP Pavillion support, they are available 24/7 they can help you out... you might have to send your Laptop in for repair but they will fix it.
    edited August 2007
    remove the battery. Power it up on AC.
    Huh? I've removed motherboard (CMOS) batteries too many times to count, but I've never started up the computer without the battery not back in place. I thought the battery completed a motherboards circuit, for which the motherboard will not function if the circuit's open.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    It's a laptop, Leo. ;)
    edited August 2007
    ohhh