Worth upgrading?

2»

Comments

• NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited September 2007
    I'm back for some more help.

I'm trying to decide between the Logitech G5 and the Razer Krait, the good thing I've heard about the razer is that its light and more for people that control there mice with their fingers (as I do). Anyone had any expierence with the Krait or any other Razer mouse?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    edcentric wrote:
    At least no one made a snide comment about my age.
    That's because we feel sorry for you. :(
    edited September 2007
    I've been thinking, instead of upgrading the processor and vid card in a month or two, I might as well just wait until late Dec/Early Jan and just go with a new platform.

I'm thinking Core 2 duo, whats everyone else's opinion?
  • edited September 2007
    Sounds like a good idea, Nightwolf. You could stretch another year or 2 out of your old socket 939 platform with a dual core processor purchase but it still wouldn't have the performance of a C2D machine and the new 45nm C2D procs coming around the first part of 08 look to be some stirling overclockers so far.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    So, the general consensus is that he should just do a partial upgrade and wait a while to build a whole new rig? I ask because I have a very similar system and situation to Nightwolf.
    edited September 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Hope you enjoy the monitor!

I was at bestbuy and stopped off to look at monitors; and wow, I think the 22" might be a tad too large. I might just go with a 20".
    edited September 2007
    I found I might have a little more money than I though. I feel that it would be worth it to upgrade the processor, seeing as I'll probably be giving this system to my parents when I build a new one.

Is it worth it to go with the X2 4200+ or should I go with the 4000+?
  • edited September 2007
    If you are going to upgrade the proc, then by all means go with a dual core processor. Looking at Newegg, I would go with the Opteron 165 myself, since it's only $7 more than the X2 4200 and it has 2 X 1 mb L2 cache instead of 2 X 512kb L2 cache like the 4200. And the recent 165's all overclock very easily and will easily run over 2.5 GHz on stock vcore. It would make for a very affordable upgrade and I just love the smoothness that dual core brings for performance in all aspects of use.
    edited September 2007
    Does the 165 come with the cool coper based heatsink?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    22" too large? WHAT.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    My sentiments, exactly.

;D
    edited September 2007
    Hehe, yeah. A 20" just seems more practical for me.