RF Remote for PC

mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
edited August 2007 in Hardware
Well, I started running Vista x64 recently and the only hardware that did not come over the fence from 32 bit was an old RF Remote from an ATI 9800 All-in-Wonder. It seems ATI will not be releasing a 64 bit driver.

I am now looking for a RF Remote for the PC that will also act as a programmable universal remote for my stereo and DVD player.

I have seen a few out there but am looking for suggestions from some Icrontians with hands-on experience.

I'd like to keep the price under $150 USD

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    For what would you use an RF? Movies while in bed or on the sofa?
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    1) While in the same room as my equipment, I like not having to point the remote in any general direction

2) I like controlling my PC from the other room, there is something satisfying about waking up in the morning, reaching over and pressing play on a remote, and having my PC in the other room start shuffling through my library of music.

And for clarification, the PC would obviously be the only one using an RF receiver with the remote. It should have IR for the TV/Stereo/etc..