Restarts at boot screen.

edited September 2007 in Hardware
Biostar tforce 6100
amd 3000
1 gb ram
700 wat psu
Radion x1950

It started with my computer restarting it self randomly, I assumed it was my psu because i had a small old power supply. I have gotten a new power supply and it did not solve the problem. I have tried new ram, new HD, and a different windows install disk. but the problem just kept getting worse. Now the computer wont even get past the windows boot screen. It starts loading and then restarts. I have replaced everything except the mobo and proceser which i was hoping to avoid doing. Does anyone have any ideas as to other solutions i could try before buying a new mobo.

thanks<!-- / message -->

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    a new power supply and it did not solve the problem...new ram, new HD, and a different windows install disk. but the problem just kept getting worse...I have replaced everything except the mobo and proceser which i was hoping to avoid doing. Does anyone have any ideas....
    Replace the motherboard, CPU, and then the computer case to top it off. If the computer rests on a desk or table, replace that too.

JUST KIDDING
    . Sorry, even though it's not funny it's funny.

In between all the parts replacing, did you ever reset the BIOS? Was the computer able to POST that far? My first guess would have been power supply. My second guess would have been memory. But the first stop would always be to check the BIOS readings, to see if anything strange is being reported.
  • edited September 2007
    It posts. It restarts on the windows boot screen. Im going to flash to bios and see if that has any effect on it.
  • edited September 2007
    hi xcrx
    did you tried repairing windows XP( i suppose u're using windows XP)
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited September 2007
    I'm with omiz here..... It's probably not hardware.

You just need to repair XP.

Cowboy
  • edited September 2007
    as you could have seen from my first post i have not only repaired xp but i have reinstalled it multiple times using different disks and hard drives.