19" LG L194WT Monitor Question

MathsParMathsPar New
edited February 2008 in Hardware
This monitor has both VGA and DVI connections, I have the DVI connected to my PC and my VGA cable for my Xbox 360 arrived today.

So far I can only get one to work when the other one isn't plugged in. Is there a way I can have them both plugged in and switch between the 2? Would I need to buy an adaptor?

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    There is a source button on the side that allows you to switch between the two inputs.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited September 2007
    It doesn't seem to work. I'll press it then it goes black screen then comes back to the PC screen again with a little blue box saying Digital in the top corner. Same thing happens each time, doesn't go to the Xbox.

There is an Auto/Set button that when I press it a small box appears saying, "Digitial Video Output, No Access" so maybe I'm locked from using it or something right now.

Any thoughts? I'm going to go read through the manual again.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited September 2007
    Okay after a bit of messing about, I've noticed that plugging in either on their own the monitor automatically recognises.

If I plug in the VGA, it will go to the Xbox screen, if I then plug in the DVI cable it stays on the Xbox screen. However pressing source now, it changes from Analogue (Xbox) to Digital (PC).

At this stage pressing source again, the screen remains on Digital (PC).

And if I plug the PC cable in first then the Xbox, it's PC all the time.

So basically the source button only works when changing from Xbox to PC and not vice versa.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited September 2007
    Okay, managed to get the monitor to go from Digital to Analogue by pressing the source button.

However this only works when the Xbox is switched off, so it goes to Analogue power saving mode. Switching the Xbox on then switches the monitor back to Digital (PC).

A bit annoying.
  • MathsParMathsPar New
    edited September 2007
    Still can't work this out, any thoughts?

EDIT: LG customer services have got back to me, they think it's a faulty monitor so they're going to swap it next week.
  • edited February 2008
    I'm having exactly the same problem. How do you solved it?