Deus Ex 2 Demo --> Here

EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
edited November 2003 in Gaming
For anyone who wants to try the demo, it was released today. To avoid the queues at Fileplanet, download it from Eidos themselves -
http://ftp.eidos.com/pub/demos/deusex/dxiw_demo.zip

Though if you want to use Fileplanet.....
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/130000/133479.shtml

NS

Comments

• edited November 2003
    Yikes, I'm getting 2Kbs from the ftp. Good thing my machine's all nice and stable again and that I leave it on 24/7, it's saying 63hrs to dl.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2003
    223m download, wonderful, it should be a decent level or two. Downloading as I type.
    Cheers NS.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    madmat had this to say
    Yikes, I'm getting 2Kbs from the ftp. Good thing my machine's all nice and stable again and that I leave it on 24/7, it's saying 63hrs to dl.

Switch to Fileplanet. When I posted there was a 25/30 minute queue on every server (their 5 normal servers PLUS 2 DEDICATED Deus Ex 2 servers) and now it has gone up to 47 mins. Though when you get in you should get full speed....

NS
  • edited November 2003
    I think you're right, better to wait an hour or so to start a dl than days for one to complete.
  • edited November 2003
    I've never played the first. I wonder if I should do this before looking into getting this one.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited November 2003
    Well, I played the first, but could never get past the first mission. Yeah I sucked.

So how different or similar is the second one to the first?
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Deus Ex is among my favourite games of all time and in fact may top the list. HIGHLY recommended, I recently played through it again for the 3rd time. :respect:

In the new game, there won't be stats to adjust, though you will still have choices to make with regard to bio-mods. Previews and developer write ups are saying that it won't be as linear, much more open ended and many more choices to make on who you are going to align with.

I will be there for a retail copy the first day it is available here. Not sure if I should play the demo or not but attempting the download anyways. :cool: <-- J Denton
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited November 2003
    NS, Thanks for the head up. (oh, and I play all my games with AA on, TTY)
    edited November 2003
    Yes, you need to play the first one before you play the second otherwise it will not really make sence. But don't worry, the first one still looks good and the gameplay is still great.

2 hours 30mins left on the download.... (after 40 mins queuing (said 25, but just kept going up).

NS
    edited November 2003
    wow, thx Dog, that one is HUMMING down.
    edited November 2003
    Yeah, it took me like a minute to dl. Well, it's only 30+ megs.
    edited November 2003
    DogSoldier had this to say
    Yeah, it took me like a minute to dl. Well, it's only 30+ megs.

Er, the Demo is over 220MB....

NS
    edited November 2003
    Heh Dog? that link is for a patch for the demo of the ORIGINAL Deus Ex. *oops*
    edited November 2003
    Yeah, is my face ever *red* I read NS's post and had to go see what it was I downloaded.. lol. Weird, I followed that link at the top and that's what I got. Anyways, I'm getting 100kbps with this FTP, http://www.filefront.com/r.b/page__file_info/_filepath__/gamingfiles/Deus_Ex_2/Official_Releases/Demo/dxiw_demo.exe/_output.html
    edited November 2003
    8% done 40 minutes estimated time, *Staples baloney to his cheeks to pass the time*
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited November 2003
    w00t! Its finally here :D
  • edited November 2003
    I just gotta ask Dog, which cheeks? I'm picturing Jackass everytime I read that.
    edited November 2003
    Face cheeks of course, what do you think...I'm some kind of perv?!??
  • edited November 2003
    Not a perv, just waaaay too much free time on your hands.
    edited November 2003
    Your saying that like it's a bad thing?!
    edited November 2003
    ahem...

NS
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    got something in your throat NS?
    edited November 2003
    I give up trying to get this demo. I got 2% last night in an hour!. The download speed was slower than a 56k modem! (I'm on a 1m BB) Thought I'd try again to day.
    NS, Where on Eidos did you find the demo? Your link doesn't work anymore so I went to Eidos directly and it says there's no demo available! Fileplanet want me to register, They want all my details. It took me a while to get rid of gamespy last time, I aint doing all that again.
    Unless somebody has a link to it I can just click I'll wait for the game to come out.
    edited November 2003
    Just got this.
  • edited November 2003
    Try Fileshack if you don't want gamespy. I was just there last night and they have the Dues EX2 demo as well so that might be an alternative for you bothered.
    edited November 2003
    Cheers Madmat, I'm in the queue.
  • edited November 2003
    Coolness, glad to be of service.
    edited November 2003
    That link was to the file on the page in the screenshot, except at the time it hosted the 220MB demo, rather than whatever that 2MB file.

Problem is that that link was mega slow anyway, so it was better to use Fileplanet.

Doesn't matter now though as 101 places have it.

NS
    edited November 2003
    I gave up again. 45 minute wait then it would cut me off after 10.
    Tried again this morning, 2 minute wait, 20% downloaded in 10 minutes. We're on the way :)
    Can anybody tell me anything about fileshack? Is it worth registering for the mercury service? Do they pump you full of spyware? What do you think? Anybody use it?
    26% and counting. :cool: