Fry's Deal on Intel E6750 & Abit IP35-E motherboard?

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited September 2007 in Folding@Home
Fry's in-store only (store locator) has a Core 2 Duo combo, including Intel E6750 2.66Ghz processor with 4MB of cache and Abit IP35-E motherboard for $249 - $20 rebate = $229. Lowest on PriceGrabber for the processor is $200 and motherboard $120. Thanks SP33DFR34K.
Note, the CPU in the combo is a full retail CPU with 3-year warranty

Is this good?

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    give it a month and quad cores will be that price.... especially with Intel phasing out CD CPU's already...
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Call me a stick in the mud...

I think we make absolutely no purchases and not even think about purchases until the horrible mess we have now is cleaned up. (due to the fault of no one - just the march of technology making old hardware next to worthless) We've got a lot ancient junk to collect and/or shut down before we start the next phase.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    It was only about 40% infering the team... the other 60% was personal curiousity. I'm a bit out of sorts on the pricing. I just completed over $500 is side job stuff and could spare dropping a few dollars on a upgrade... ;)

As for moving along... I agree. I'll post a comment on that in a second... :thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Ah, don't sweat it. I'm just cranky cause shipping costs a lot up here and CompUSA has no competition to speak of.