F@H Benchmarks

QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
edited September 2007 in Folding@Home
You're used to seeing SpecMarks, PCMarks, 3DMarks and a blizzard of FPS scores on any number or kinds of games.

But for me- this is really a welcome addition to your basic CPU performance reviews-

Barcelona + Other CPUs Folding@Home Benchmarks

BTW:

Benchmark System Specs

Key Procs:
Xeon 5365- 3.0GHz Clovertown Quad-core, 2x4MB cache, 1333MHzFSB
Opteron 2360- 2.5GHz Barcelona Quad-core, 512KB/Core L2, 2MB Share L3, 1GHz HTT

I think it was a nice touch and I'd like to see it become standard- but I'd also like to see them add separate SMP WU scores and the author admits that it's pretty new and in-work (follow the links in the article for more info).

Opinion: I think the closest the scored types get to an SMP MAY be the Gromacs- so I don't think you should throw away your Intel for an AMD yet ... unless you want to go back to Tinker/Amber cores.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Hmm, that's actually a very good idea.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    True... SMP scores would have been nice :) as it looks like Phenom will be coming in much cheaper than Intels Q series.
  • Ultra-NexusUltra-Nexus Buenos Aires, ARG
    edited September 2007
    I would bet the SMP scores will be shown in the F@H forums in the comming days...

It still too early to judge this new proc, once we see the PPD/Watt relation to the Intel´s quad, we´ll see which one is better.