FormFactor Steps Away From Icrontic_8

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited February 2008 in Folding@Home
Folding since the dawn of the SMx Project, Icrontic_8 has been cared for by several worthy hosts. On August 27, 2005, FormFactor became the latest caretaker. However, sometime during the cold months of 2006/ 2007, FormFactor realized that holding on to a loved one can be tough. He also realized that letting go is even tougher... This past April, FormFactor asked that Icrontic_8 be placed into someone else's hands... From there, she was boxed up and sent on to Profdlp's care. Almost 100,000 points have been turned in under the Icrontic_8 name... that's a ton of cancer killing points!!! :thumbsup:

Amazingly, we forgot to thank FormFactor for 1) hosting the SMx rig and 2) knowing when it was a good time to step away from his duties... I apologize for not recognizing your dedication.

:Rocker: :headbange :Rocker: :headbange :Rocker::headbange :Rocker: :headbange :Rocker:

FormFactor... THANK YOU and know that you are always welcome at Team #93.

:Rocker: :headbange :Rocker: :headbange :Rocker::headbange :Rocker: :headbange :Rocker:

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Thanks FormFactor!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for taking the time to host.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Thanks FormFactor :thumbsup:

Profdlp's care ?
    He's Back?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    DogDragon wrote:
    Profdlp's care ?
    He's Back?
    Nope... FormFactor sent it to Prof when Prof was still the Parts Manager (April). We lost the records indicating that FormFactor sent the rig back.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited September 2007
    Thanks, FF- you got a lot done :thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    RESPECT, SIR!

Thank you
    Thank you
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for your dedication from a fellow host FF! :cheers:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Thank you, FormFactor!
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited February 2008
    And thanks to all of you who helped me with her over the years. I am very regretful I had to retire as a S-M/Icrontic host. It truly was an honor and a pleasure to have been given the opportunity to participate in such a noble project. I hope that one day I will again be in a position to host another one.

On a side note I am in the process of adding some machines of my own to the fold. For the past week or so I've had a Playstation 3 working units. It has been performing quite nicely :). Also I am in the process of building a new main rig which should also be a folding workhorse. I have a thread here on Icrontic asking for suggestions on what to order here if anyone has suggestions.

Again, thanks a lot guys for everything! :thumbup