Screwed up graphics card?

edited September 2007 in Hardware
So I was playing the Quake Wars demo when suddenly, my screen got a yellowish green tint. I figured I had hit some night vision button, but I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. However, when I quit the game, the tint stayed (it's really annoying). Restoring the defaults of the monitor didn't do anything, nor did restoring defaults in the nvidea control panel (I have an 8800 GTS and a CRT monitor). I'm fairly sure it's not a monitor problem, because when I go into the monitor menu with the buttons on it, all the colors (on the monitor menu) look fine. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    did you check the cables?
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2007
    Sounds like the red sync came loose. I can get that to happen now with my DVI to VGA thing just by tapping it on the left side slightly when it's not screwed in.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    If it's a greenish tint, it's more likely the monitor going bad than a the video card. Yeah, it could also be a cable, but hate to say it, sounds like the monitor.

Do you have another monitor that you could test with the computer?
  • edited September 2007
    Boy do I feel dumb, the cable in the back of my computer was halfway unplugged...
    *sheepish grin*
    Sorry guys, and thanks for your help, it'd be great if a mod could lock this.